|◄ Preceded by|| 104th Training Corps|
|Followed by ►|
| 103rd Training Corps|
| 105th Training Corps|
(848-Ongoing, set to graduate in 851)
The 104th Training Corps (第１０４期訓練兵団 Dai-hyakuyon-ki Kunren Heidan?, also spelled as the 104th Cadet Corps in the FUNimation sub of the anime) is the only graduating class introduced in the series and the Southern division contains nearly all of the central characters. It was active during the years 847 through 850 when the remaining recruits graduated.
The top ten of the class, those with the best grades, included, in order: Mikasa Ackerman, Reiner Braun, Bertolt Hoover, Annie Leonhart, Eren Yeager, Jean Kirstein, Marco Bott, Connie Springer, Sasha Blouse and Krista Lenz. As with all graduating classes, only those in top ten can apply to the Military Police Brigade, giving them the privilege of living in the Inner District. The 104th was disbanded at the end of the graduation ceremony.
Another one not in the top ten, but is considered in it, is Ymir. Her abilities are rumored to easily surpass Krista Lenz's, but during the final weeks of being a part of the 104th Training Corps, Ymir began slacking off to ensure Krista's spot in the top ten and allow her access to join the Military Police.
Instructor - Southern Division
Top Ten - Southern Division
- Mikasa Ackerman - 1st
- Reiner Braun - 2nd
- Bertolt Hoover - 3rd
- Annie Leonhart - 4th
- Eren Yeager - 5th
- Jean Kirstein - 6th
- Marco Bott - 7th
- Connie Springer - 8th
- Sasha Blouse - 9th
- Krista Lenz - 10th
- Armin Arlert
- Thomas Wagner
- Hannah Diamant
- Franz Kefka
- Samuel Linke-Jackson
- Nac Tias
- Mylius Zeramuski
- Mina Carolina
Top Ten - Other Divisions
Instructor Shadis' Individual Trainee Evaluations
- Reiner Braun - "He's strong as an ox and has a will to match. But more than anything, he's earned the trust of his comrades."
- Armin Arlert - "When it comes to physical strength, he doesn't measure up to soldier standards. But I hear that in the classroom lectures, he's shown extraordinary imagination."
- Annie Leonhart - "The angle of approach of her slashing attack is impeccable... She carves deeply into the target. Personality-wise, she tends to be a loner and has trouble cooperating."
- Bertolt Hoover - "He's mastered every single skill that's been taught... And I believe he has a lot of potential... But he lacks drive and tends to leave decisions to others."
- Jean Kirstein - "He has a deep understanding of the vertical maneuvering equipment and excels at exploiting that skill... He can also take in a situation at a moment's glance, but his personality is like a drawn sword, which tends to create conflict."
- Connie Springer - "He has a fine sense of balance and is effective at vertical maneuvering. However, he's got a slow mind and often makes strategic mistakes."
- Sasha Blouse - "She moves quickly and has remarkable instincts... But she has issues with structure, making her ill-suited for organized activity."
- Mikasa Ackerman - "She's mastered every single difficult subject perfectly. Her talent is historically unprecedented, making her the most valuable of them all."
- Eren Yeager - "Though proficient at barehanded fighting, he doesn't seem to have any other skills... But he possesses a sense of purpose that's twice as strong as anyone else's. Through constant effort, his grades have improved steadily."
Anime and Manga Differences
- Four of the top five graduates are known to possess the power of the Titans. The only exception is Mikasa Ackerman, the number one.
- Of all top ten graduates only Annie Leonhart applied to the Military Police, Marco Bott died before choosing a branch (though he constantly spoke of joining the MPs), the other 8 joined the Survey Corps, and no one chose the Garrison.
- It is stated that the main cast belong to the Southern branch. There are four divisions of the 104th operating within Wall Rose, one for each major district. Prior to the loss of Wall Maria, there were a total of eight divisions operated by the Military.
- It is notable that Eren Yeager graduated into the Survey Corps several days before any of the other recruits chose their divisions due to special circumstances.