- Attack on Avengers manga
| This article or section does not cite, or does not have enough references or sources.|
Please help improve this article by introducing appropriate citations.
| This article is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this article to add missing information and complete it.
Specifically, it needs more info about the Japanese and English release.
Attack on Avengers is a one-shot manga crossover between characters from Attack on Titan and Marvel Comics properties; including the Armored Titan, Female Titan and Colossus Titan from the Attack on Titan universe; and Spider-Man and the superhero teams Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy from Marvel.
This is the first official Attack on Titan crossover, and the first official Marvel crossover with a manga/anime property. Hajime Isayama created the manga's story, although Marvel's C.B. Cebulski wrote the comic itself.
Titans suddenly emerge from the waters of Manhattan and begin devouring people, causing a state of chaos. Spider-Man engages two of the smaller ones while Captain America, Black Widow, and Hawkeye fight the Armored Titan. Captain America quickly finds out the weak point of the Titans and passes the information over to Iron Man, who joins the Hulk in his battle against the Female Titan. Just as they take down their enemies, the Colossus Titan appears, but the Guardians of the Galaxy arrive as well and ask the Avengers to take a break while they fight the new threat.
SummaryReporter Trish Tilby informs from Central Park that Manhattan is in chaos due to the sudden appearance of Titans that devour anyone they get their hands on. As he flies towards the battle scene, Iron Man asks S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Maria Hill about the nature of these threats, but she responds that their origin is unknown and that they simply emerged from the water.
Meanwhile, in Times Square, Spider-Man battles two of the smaller Titans and manages to get the upper hand; while in another part of the city, Captain America, Black Widow and Hawkeye fight against several more Titans, including the Armored Titan. Captain America deduces that the weak spot of the enemies is their nape as Hawkeye kills one of the Titans by targeting this point.
As Black Widow shoots the Armored Titan, Maria Hill asks Iron Man if he copied the information sent by Captain America. Iron Man confirms as he joins the Hulk, who is fighting the Female Titan. Iron Man defeats the Female Titan by firing his energy repulsors into her nape, while the Hulk takes down another Titan.
The Avengers get exhausted but Iron Man calls them to assemble again as S.H.I.E.L.D. reports that the Colossus Titan has just emerged downtown, near the Statue of Liberty. However, the Guardians of the Galaxy arrive and ask them to catch their breaths while they take care of the new enemy.
Characters in Order of Appearance
- Unlike Titans in the original manga, these Titans mysteriously emerge from the water.
- One of the Titans somewhat resembles Eren Yeager's Titan form, although this Titan is an enemy of humans and fights against Spider-Man. It is also implied that this Titan is smaller.
- Iron Man refers to the Female Titan as "miss teenage towering beauty queen", despite not knowing anything about the Titans or where they came from.
- The Colossus Titan seems to be much larger than its canon counterpart, as its hand looks almost the same size as the Statue of Liberty, which is 46 m tall not counting the base.
- When the Guardians of the Galaxy arrive, the title of the song Hooked on a Feeling appears in the background. This is a reference to the 2014 film Guardians of the Galaxy, which features this song as one of the main themes.
- Despite being identifiable by their particular designs, none of the Titans is called by name in the chapter; although at the beginning, Trish Tilby refers to all of them as a whole as "Colossal Titans".
- None of the Titans shows signs of the intelligence, special abilities or fighting techniques characteristic of intelligent Titan, and they all seem to be mindless.