| This article is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this article to add missing information and complete it.
Specifically, it needs the Clash of the Titans arc updated.
Christa is petite and the smallest soldier from the 104th Cadet Corps from which the central cast originates. She has long blonde hair, large blue eyes, and a heart-shaped face; she usually wears the standard Scout Regiment uniform. Christa is noted for being very pretty; this, coupled with her kindness, sometimes causes her classmates to wonder if she is a goddess or an angel. It is hinted that many of the boys in her class adore her. While on expeditions, she wears her hair in a low ponytail and dons the traditional green Scout Regiment cloak.
Christa displays kindness too all those who cross her path, and takes any available opportunity to help people. She is shown to be rather meek, but friendly to those she is close to in the Scout Regiment. Christa is not above making sacrifices for others, as she willingly tears her clothing so that she may give Reiner Braun a sling for his broken arm, which she treated for him. Christa also goes out of her way to see that others are well, making sure that Sasha Braus has food and water after her punishment in the 104th Cadet Corps (Anime) and sticking up for her when Ymir picks on her.
While Christa is kind and considerate of others, she is not fearless. Christa showed extreme fear when she made the decision to join the Scout Regiment and when facing Titans outside the Walls. However, Christa consistently charges into the face of danger, even if she is unarmed. Ymir accuses this tendency of Christa's to be attributed to her desire to die a hero, which she vaguely denies.
StoryColossal Titan breaching Wall Maria, Christa lives in a refugee camp before reaching the minimum age requirement to enable her to enlist as a trainee.
In the year 848, two years before graduation, Christa accompanies the other trainees on a wilderness hunt to sustain themselves in times of peace. Along with the other trainees, Christa is pulled into an equipment heist by thieves in the forest and is kidnapped, held as a hostage so the trainees do not retaliate. The ones left behind create a plan to try and rescue her, and after some trouble and the eventual capture of the thieves, Christa is safely returned and the thieves arrested.Armin overcome the distress of him believing himself to have lost his friends to the Titans. She then plays a role in helping a Mikasa lead expedition with the other trainees retaking control the supply room, enabling the trainees to affect a resupply which is preventing their withdrawal from Trost until then. This is while the Mysterious Titan engages other Titans in combat, distracting them from the expedition.
As ordered, in the aftermath of the battle of Trost District, she reports her omni-directional mobility gear to the Military Police Brigade for inspection as a part of the investigation over the deaths two captured Titans, presumed to be have been killed by a soldier using vertical maneuvering equipment. Despite her fears in facing the Titans in combat again she volunteers to become a member of the Scout Regiment, something she later says is a decision made by her innermost self and that she herself does not understand the reasons behind it.
During her first expedition out of the Walls she saves Reiner, Armin, and Jean after they become partially stranded in combat against the Female Titan by supplying them with a horse allowing all of them to proceed on horseback.
She is then seen to be holding her position on the tree line (as per orders) baiting the Titans and preventing them from entering the forest while the Scout Regiment attempts to capture the Female Titan.
Christa's abilities with her blades and ODM gear are above that of the average soldier, as she was able to get into the top 10 in the 104th Cadet Corps despite 218 other soldiers in her class. However, it is believed that Christa's placement in the top 10 was largely due to the influence of Ymir, who Christa knows did something to aid her so that she may have the chance to going the Military Police Brigade, though she is not sure what.
- Ymir - Their relationship is complex, but they are very close, and Ymir has been stated to be in love with her.
- Sasha Braus - Sasha initially regarded Christa as a goddess when she brought her food and water after she had spent several hours running. The two seem to have remained close during their training days.
- 104th Cadet Corps - Christa is admired by the rest of the trainees, and the most popular girl among them. Many of her male classmates have a crush on her due to her beauty and kindness, as demonstrated when she rescued Reiner Braun, Armin Arlelt, and Jean Kirschtein.
- Conny Springer - Although they have only been shown interacting a handful of times, Christa and Conny clearly appear to be good friends.
- The official site reveals that the majority of her male classmates had a crush on her, referring to her as the "Goddess" of the 104th.
- A recurring gag in the series is that people actually refers to her as "goddess" or by terms related to God in several circumstances. First it was Sasha in Episode 3 when Christa gave her a bread after Sasha fell tired for being forced to run for 5 hours; second time by Jean and Armin in Episode 18 when she came to their rescue after they were attacked by the Female Titan.
- Her surname "Lenz" means "spring" in old German.
- At the Animagic 2014 series panel, producer George Wada confirmed that Ymir and Christa are "indeed a couple".