- Before the Fall manga
| This article or section does not cite, or does not have enough references or sources.|
Please help improve this article by introducing appropriate citations.
Dario Inocencio (ダリオ・イノセンシオ Dario Inosenshio?) was a highly esteemed merchant from Wall Sheena. He bought Kuklo for his son, Xavi, to abuse as to build his confidence. He also planned to marry off his daughter Sharle.
Dario was a man with a large build and has short dark-colored hair that connected and forms into a full mustache and beard. He was a well-dressed man, usually wearing suits and ties befitting of his social status. When traveling outdoors, he often wore a dark hat with a light colored band, and a long smooth cape with dark colored fur around the neck.
He was a greedy, avaricious and possessive entrepreneur who saw everyone, even his own family, as nothing more than tools for his own wealth.
Dario Inocencio had high expectations for his two children. After hearing about the rumored "Son of a Titan" born from a woman eaten by an invading Titan, Dario was intrigued and decided that he would purchase it as a means to train his son and also to prepare him for any conflicts he may face in the military. He is led down to Kuklo's cell by the boy's owner and is initially disappointed at the sight of "some brat." He eventually changes his mind and agrees to purchase him from the man as a slave.
Dario later presents Kuklo to his son Xavi as a gift; having especially high aspirations for his son, Dario states that the "Titan's child is an investment" for him to get strong. As Xavi kicks and beats Kuklo, Dario is seen smiling proudly. Over the course of many years, the man leads many people to gawk and ridicule Kuklo both while he was being abused and as he lay alone in his cell.
Two years pass and, to Dario's pleasure, Xavi manages to get strong enough and is able to join the Training Corps. As he revels in his son's success, both father and son discuss what to do about Kuklo; when Xavi notes that he cannot bring any possessions with him once he joins the military, Dario decides to sell him off. He notes there are many who would be interested in buying Kuklo, increasing his wealth and lifestyle. Dario then notices Sharle is not her usual self and wonders why; he shortly brushes this aside and mentions she will be busy as well due to her arranged marriage.
A few days later, Kuklo is set free by members of the Titan cult who mention that the ones who imprisoned him are being given an appropriate punishment. He runs into the main house and finds Dario dead in the master bedroom with a sword run through his chest.
- Xavi Inocencio - Dario's son and the oldest of his two children. Although Dario was seen to be proud of his son getting stronger and eventually accepted into the Training Corps, he was presumably just used as another means to spread the man's influence in the military.
- Sharle Inocencio - Dario's daughter, and the youngest of his two children. Also seen as nothing but a means to further his own influence, Dario seemed to care very little about his daughter. He had arraigned to have her married off to a political official not long before he died. However, Kuklo stated that Dario had Sharle's knife made just for her, implying that he cared at least a bit for his daughter's safety and well-being.
- Kuklo Munsell - Dario had a very poor (if any) relationship with Kuklo. Seen only as an investment towards his son, he reveled at the sight of Kuklo being beaten almost daily. Dario also immediately decided to sell Kuklo off once more once Xavi had joined the Training Corps, highlighting how little he thought of the boy.
- His surname is of Spanish origin and means "innocent," which is ironic considering his cruel personality.
- "Dario" has a Latin origin and is roughly translated as "the one who possesses the good," further emphasizing that irony.