This article contains heavy SPOILERS. Continue at your own risk, or use the icons above (if any) to switch to another version of the page without spoilers.
|The one who will inherit it... is me.|
|— Falco to Reiner about the Armored Titan|
Falco is a short boy with a small build and little in the way of physical strength. He has light shaggy hair and big bright eyes that are also a light shade. Like his fellow warrior cadets, he wears the standard Marleyan soldier uniform consisting of a light jacket and pants, supply packs on the waist, suspender straps, a hard hat with a stripe around it, and tall combat boots. As an Eldian his uniform is different from that of the Marleyans in that the shirt collar has a small badge with the Eldian star instead of a small clip and the hat has a white stripe with the Eldian star on it instead of a pure black stripe. As is law in Marley, Falco also wears the Eldian armband as all his family and ancestors residing there do as well.
Falco is not made to be a man of war, and does not excel in the battlefield or at asserting himself. He finds himself wounded and delirious under enemy fire, only to be saved by his brother, and struggles to voice his concerns for his friend Gabi when she proposes a solo attack plan. However, Falco is not a coward. When Gabi is under fire he leaps from their hiding place to rush to her aide and protect her. While he is not an excelling soldier, he possesses some margin of skill to have survived for 4 years in the Marley Mid-East War.
Falco has proven to be a very merciful and compassionate person, risking his life to save Gabi from incoming fire, bringing an injured enemy soldier in order to cure him in the trench, and taking care of a war veteran in the homeland. He is also very polite and respectful towards his seniors, referring to them by their title instead of their name; for instance, he addresses Reiner as either Mr. Braun or Vice-commander Braun.
After conversing with both Reiner and Eren Yeager, he gains a greater degree of confidence, allowing him to assert himself better and speak his mind, even to someone as forceful as Gabi, whom he also has a crush on. Furthermore, his boosted self-esteem helps him perform better in training. Despite this, Falco remains relatively calm and humble in the face of praise, deeming the extolment heaped upon him by his fellow warrior cadets as embarrassing and 'not a big deal', as well as attributing his success to Eren motivating him.
StoryMarleyan war with the Mid-East Allied Forces, Falco is present among 800+ other Eldians fighting on behalf of Marley. However, he and some of his friends such as Udo, Zofia, and Gabi are valued as warrior cadets with the potential to inherit the Armored Titan power. During the fight, Falco and some of his comrades are hit by enemy fire, killing some but sparing Falco and leaving him wounded. His brother Colt appears to save him and puts his hard hat on Falco's head before carrying him on his back while avoiding enemy fire. When Colt returns to the hiding trench with his wounded brother, their fellow cadets tend to his wounds as Gabi re-explains their objective to him. When Udo begins to panic in fear of their military failing, he wraps Falco's bandages too tightly and Gabi scolds him. Falco then wonders why they are on the front lines as cadets and Gabi explains that it is so they may be evaluated by Commander Magath for their capabilities as successors to the Armored Titan power. When Zofia begins to boast about grades, Gabi interrupts her by explaining her superiority above all the other cadets. Falco then asks her about the item she is fiddling with and Gabi grins as she shows it to him.
When Gabi offers to take out the enemies anti-Titan artillery solo, Falco shows serious concern for her safety and fears she will be hurt. He watches her execute her plan of attack and once Gabi is successful in derailing the train, she begins to flee only to be shot at by one final surviving gunmen. This pushes Falco over the edge and he jumps out of the trench to try to save her. However, an ally named Porco Galliard transforms into a Titan and shields Gabi from gunfire while her and Falco collide as they both dive for the ditch. Falco looks in awe as the Titan stands above him and he watches as Galliard races off and kills the last gunmen.
After returning to the trench, Falco brings a wounded enemy soldier in order to heal his wounds. Although some of his companions, such as Udo, help him, his superior and Gabi mock him, stating that he is a weird person and that there is no way he will earn the power of the Armored Titan by fighting like that. After Udo translates the foreigner, Falco seems surprised of being insulted. Falco contemplates the airborne attack against Fort Slava and seems very shocked by witnessing Titans eating soldiers and Reiner's defeat against the Armada.
After the battle, Falco is resting in the docks with his friends. They all seem worried, talking how Titans may no longer be the main force of the world. Falco tries to reassure Gabi, telling that Reiner has survived losing several limbs and even his head. After all see traumatized war prisoners and Udo gets angry because of the harm on Eldian reputation, Reiner arrives and is coldly saluted by Falco. After Falco suggest Reiner to rest, Gabi angrily replies that he is the one that should be resting.Some time later, Falco is inside a train heading towards their homeland. In their wagon, Colt gets drunk and starts praising Gabi along many other soldiers. Falco states how his brother gets very emotional whenever he drinks. Then tells Reiner bitterly how he has only two years left before dying and, if Gabi inherits the Armored Titan, her lifespan will only be 27 years old if she is not used as living Titan weaponry. After accusing Reiner of not caring about her, the sudden and incriminatory reply of the older warrior scares Falco. The boy proceeds to swear his loyalty to Marley and state how prideful is to inherit the power of the Titans. He finally states that he will be the one to inherit the Armored Titan power. Finally, Reiner tells him how he must surpass Gabi in order to protect her from this cruel world.
After arriving to Liberio, their hometown, Falco recalls how Reiner took full responsibility of the failure of the Paradis Island Operation, wondering why Reiner risks his his life and his power so many times. Reiner looks back at him and the boy looks away suddenly, asking himself why Reiner told him to protect Gabi and if the warrior actually wanted the war to end. His suspicious behavior catches Gabi's attention, who threatens to report his weird attitude. This makes all the other members laugh, without Gabi realizing why.When the soldiers enter the Internment Zone, Falco and his brother are greeted by their parents. They seem very worried, asking the children about injuries and Colt's headache. Falco then sees a bunch of veteran Eldian soldiers, many of them with notable injuries. Falco asks Koslow about them, and he tells him that they have no family and will be treated at the hospital. The officer then imitates the sound of a bomb, scaring the traumatized soldiers just for fun. Falco decides to help calming down the soldiers and tells them that they will not have to fight any longer, as he fixes one soldier's armband.
Falco appears, stretching and exerting himself whilst training at HQ and states to his fellow cadets that he will be the one to inherit the Armored Titan. This angers Gabi into headbutting him, yet still he holds his conviction. Later, the two can be seen training together in a violent manner whilst being overlooked by an instructor.After training, his lack of natural skill causes him to cry out in frustration, unwittingly stopping Reiner from committing suicide. He absent-mindedly walks towards a hospital, where the soldier whose armband he adjusted, later revealed to be Eren Yeager in disguise, invites the boy to sit down next to him. Eren confides in him that he did not actually suffer from mental trauma, unlike the other soldiers in the hospital, and asks Falco if he will rat him out to the staff, which he denies. He asks Falco about his injuries and training, who shares his grievances with him. Reminding Eren of himself when he was younger, he encourages the boy to look forward and have faith in his decisions.
Falco later carries a letter for him, who had introduced himself as Kruger, to a mailbox outside of Liberio, so the Marleyan authorities would not discover his ruse. He claims the letter is for his family, telling them he was safe and sound inside the internment zone.
One month later, Falco has carried many letters as a favor to Mr. Kruger, even though there was a risk of him getting caught. He also surpasses Gabi in training by beating her in a race, and is commended by Udo, Zofia and the two officials at the Internment Zone gate. Gabi expresses her frustration with Falco's determination to beat her, pointing out that his family will be made honorary Marleyans anyway once Falco's older brother inherits the Beast Titan. Falco admits that he is trying to outrank Gabi for her sake, which confuses her and makes Falco run off in embarrassment.
He visits Mr. Kruger in the hospital, telling him about his recent success and expressing gratitude for motivating him. In turn, Kruger thanks him for delivering his letters for the last month, and informing the boy of his desire to go back home after the festival, causing Falco to sag in disappointment and grief. He leaves when he notices a doctor approaching their bench.
On the eve of the festival, Falco and the other cadets serve the visiting ambassadors.
The same day Willy Tybur is to announce his decision regarding Paradis, Falco and the other warrior cadets enjoy the festival with Reiner. Shortly before the announcement, Falco calls Reiner to a nearby cellar, to meet up with Mr. Kruger. There, Reiner identifies Mr. Kruger as Eren Yeager, shocked to see him after 4 years.
As an Eldian warrior and possible candidate for the inheritance of one of the Titan powers, Falco has endured hard military training. He is skilled enough to have survived the battle of Fort Slava. He is a very athletic individual, being able to run at great speed in order to save Gabi from incoming fire.
- Colt Grice - Falco and Colt are brothers and share a fraternal bond, caring about each other with Falco expressing concern over his brother's excessive drinking. While Falco does not appear physically strong, his brother looks out for him and assures his safety even at the cost of his own.
- Gabi - The two are contenders for the inheritance of the Armored Titan power. Falco seems to have a crush on Gabi and expresses worry when she planned to sacrifice her life to blow up the anti-Titan artillery train and rushing to her side when she was about to get shot by a Mid-East Allied Forces soldier. Acknowledging that her lifespan would be reduced and she would die at a young age if she were to inherit a Titan power, he is willing to take her place in order to save her.
- Reiner Braun - Falco is a candidate to inherit the Armored Titan from Reiner. On the train home from Fort Slava, Falco makes a comment about Gabi inheriting the Armor and dying at age 27. This causes Reiner to snap and threaten to report Falco, this sudden change in Reiner frightens Falco and he immediately corrects himself, swearing fealty to Marley. Reiner then intimidates Falco to work harder and surpass Gabi in order to inherit the Armored Titan instead. Reiner's behavior on the train concerns Falco who acts cautious around him, even questioning his loyalty to Marley. Ultimately this encounter cements his determination to become a warrior. Unknown to Falco or anyone else, it was Falco's sudden appearance outside of the building Reiner was in that brought him back from the brink of suicide. Despite threatening him earlier, Reiner cares enough for Falco and the other warrior cadets to convince himself to keep on living. A month later, Falco's cautiousness around Reiner has faded as he and the other cadets accept the festival food Reiner buys them.
- Eren Yeager - Not knowing his true identity but believing him to be a Mister Kruger, Falco aids the one-legged Eren by placing his Eldian armband on the proper arm after he falls to the ground. Later he stumbles upon the hospital, and when Eren calls for him, he sits on a bench and they chat. In contrast to Reiner, Eren is happy that Falco will not become a warrior as it means he would get to live a long life. He has grown fond of the man, visiting him often, going to him when seeking reassurance, describing him as an amazing guy to the other warrior cadets and deeming him the reason for his improvement in training. At the same time, Eren is grateful to him for carrying his letters, and Falco showed visible disappointment at the thought of him leaving.
- Hajime Isayama has stated that Falco was inspired by the character Jesse Pinkman from the Breaking Bad TV series.
- Falco shares a birthday with Mikasa Ackerman.