This article contains heavy SPOILERS. Continue at your own risk, or use the icons above (if any) to switch to another version of the page without spoilers.
|◄ Preceded by|| Porco Galliard|
|Followed by ►|
In his human form, Galliard has the appearance of a young man of medium height and slender complexion. He has light eyes and hair cut in an undercut style which is pushed back. He wears combat trousers and a short coat.
Galliard's Titan, the Jaw Titan, possesses deep-set eyes with a heavy brow and long light hair. While his chin sports a long beard, the rest of his face is hairless with a cog-like arrangement of seemingly hard skin in place of lips. His Titan also sports what appear to be armored fingers and knuckles. His body is muscular and well-toned, and he usually employs all four limbs when moving.
Galliard appears to be a brave figure, using his Titan to leap in the way of bullets and protect his fellow Eldians Gabi and Falco. It is, however, quite possible that Galliard was not acting on bravery and was instead certain of his ability to withstand gunfire with the absence of the anti-Titan artillery, indicating that he has fought on battlefields before. As a dedicated soldier, he charges right into the heat of battle, attacking an enemy gunman and crushing him for his people.
He also has somewhat of a bitter personality, and is shown to treat others, particularly Reiner Braun, condescendingly. Galliard seems to be prone of using a passive-aggressive language, although this may simply be motivated because of his animosity towards Reiner. He is prone to violence, as seen when he punched Reiner after they had an argument.
Some years before the Paradis Island Operation, Galliard was a candidate for inheriting the Armored Titan. He participated in the selection process along other Eldian children. He and his brother Marcel were chosen to be candidates for warriors after an extenuating physical test involving running under the rain with military equipment. After reuniting with the other 6 possible candidates and receiving the information about the future offensive against Paradis, Galliard scolds Reiner as he considered him the only one without an special talent, being only fueled by his love towards Marley and his adulating towards their superiors. After Reiner accuses him of being an Eldian spy, Galliard punches Reiner and is stopped by his brother before continuing to their destination.
However, it was eventually decided in the year 843 that Reiner Braun would instead inherit the power. Galliard's brother Marcel was additionally chosen to inherit the power of the Jaw Titan. When the warriors departed for the island of Paradis, Galliard remained behind on the continental mainland.
When the Paradis Island Operation is abandoned in the year 850, Ymir, who had eaten Marcel and stolen the power of the Jaw Titan, is sent back to Marley. Afterwards, Galliard is chosen to reclaim the Jaw Titan for Marley. Turning into a mindless Titan, Galliard consumes Ymir and gains the power of the Titans. He inherits Ymir's memories and understands her history and motives, but he sees nothing from the memories of his brother.
Four years after the warriors' return, Galliard is present at the battle of Fort Slava. Under orders from the warriors' Marleyan superiors led by Commander Magath, he along with his comrade Pieck are unauthorized to engage in combat with the Mid-East Allied Forces at the fort due to the presence of the highly dangerous anti-Titan artillery. However, once Gabi succeeds in bombing the armored train which held the artillery, Galliard joins the fight and shields her and Falco from machine gun fire before charging forward, decimating the enemies defenses.
After clearing their defenses, Galliard keeps advancing towards the enemy, killing several soldiers inside the trenches and using his powerful jaw to break the railways. After the Armored Titan is deployed inside the fortress, he destroys several anti-Titan artillery platforms in order to protect him. He quickly retires and leaves the remaining soldiers to the Armored Titan and the Beast Titan.
After the battle, Galliard watches over Reiner as he recovers from his injuries following the battle of Fort Slava. When Reiner awakens, he thanks Galliard for saving him in Fort Slava, but Galliard coldly tells him that he only wanted to keep Marley from losing the Armored Titan. Galliard then explains that he did not inherit his brother's memories but he did inherit Ymir's memories and harshly berates Reiner for needing to be saved by his comrades so often, including Marcel whose death Galliard holds Reiner accountable for. Reiner eventually leaves after Pieck joins them, and Galliard stays behind with Pieck.
Galliard later joins the rest of the Marley military on the train returning to their homeland, seated among the other warriors.
After arriving to the Liberio Internment Zone, Galliard is seen helping Colt walking since he is suffering from a hangover. After entering into the Internment Zone, he is greeted by a man and a woman.
As an Eldian warrior, Galliard has undergone advanced military training in order to prepare him to use the Titan power. He is in very good shape and his overall abilities are strong enough to make him an Eldian Warrior.顎の巨人 Agito no Kyojin?).
- Jaw: Galliard's most prominent feature and the one that gives him his Titan's namesake, Galliard's mouth is specifically made to bite very durable materials. He has two set of teeth: the first one is an exterior set of hardened teeth instead of lips. The second set is located inside the mouth, and it is a series of pointy teeth with hollow spaces between each individual teeth. This formidable weapon is efficient enough to bite railways off the ground without harming his own mouth.
- Speed: Galliard has shown an outstanding level of speed and agility, even for a Titan. He can cover great distances while jumping, both when he is on the offensive or escaping from incoming attacks. He is so fast that, even in his Titan form, he is able to make surprise attacks that the enemy are not able to predict, for instance, when he eliminated the soldiers in Fort Slava who were attacking Reiner without them noticing at time.
- Regeneration: Just like all others with the power of the Titans, Galliard has the ability to regenerate any injuries he may suffer. During the battle of Fort Slava, Galliard is shot several times in his Titan form. However, by the time Reiner arrives on the battlefield, the bullet injuries in his face and shoulder appear healed.
- Marcel Galliard - Galliard cared greatly for his brother Marcel and developed a hatred for Reiner Braun after learning of Marcel's sacrifice for his sake. He saw his brother as a reliable and trustworthy individual, traits which he also saw Reiner mimicking within Ymir's memories.
- Reiner Braun - Following Reiner's return to Marley after the Paradis Island Operation, Galliard expressed a strong disliking for Reiner, blaming him for the death of his brother Marcel. He considers Reiner to be cowardly and incompetent, relying on those around him to save him from deadly situations. Galliard also accuses Reiner of basing his "soldier" persona off of Marcel. However, Galliard was never fond of Reiner, considering him an useless soldier with no special talent.
- Pieck - Galliard appears to be very close friends with Pieck. The two warriors grew especially close during the Marley Mid-East War, frequently fighting by each other's side in several battles including the battle of Fort Slava at the end of the war. Pieck occasionally refers to him by the affectionate nickname "Pock" (ポッコ Pokko?), though this name seems to irritate him.
- His surname is Old French in origin, meaning "brave, cheerful, spirited".
- Porco means "Pig" in Italian.