Historia Reiss is a graduate of the 104th Training Corps, ranking 10th in the final classification.
This article contains heavy SPOILERS. Continue at your own risk, or use the icons above (if any) to switch to another version of the page without spoilers.
| This article or section does not cite, or does not have enough references or sources.|
Please help improve this article by introducing appropriate citations.
|◄ Preceded by|| Historia Reiss|
|Followed by ►|
| Rod Reiss|
|I am Historia Reiss, the true ruler of these Walls.|
|— Historia in Orvud District as she proclaims herself as the true queen|
Historia Reiss (ヒストリア・レイス Hisutoria Reisu?) is the current queen of the Walls on Paradis. She is also the illegitimate child of the nobleman Rod Reiss and the last remaining member of the Reiss royal family. She was raised in isolation on one of the Reiss family estates until the fall of Wall Maria. Shortly after, her mother was murdered in front of her, and Historia was coerced into renouncing her name and claim to the Reiss heritage, taking on the new identity of Krista Lenz (クリスタ・レンズ Kurisuta Renzu?), and entering military service (which was expected to result in her death).
However, largely thanks to Ymir's influence, she graduated as the 10th best soldier within the 104th Training Corps and joined the Survey Corps. She eventually reclaimed her true name, becoming an important asset to the Corps and ascending to the throne after the success of the revolution against the capital.
Historia is a petite young woman and she is the smallest soldier from the 104th Training Corps from which the central cast originates. She has long blonde hair, large blue eyes, and a heart-shaped face; she usually wears the standard Survey Corps uniform. Historia is noted for being very pretty; this, coupled with her kindness, sometimes causes her classmates to wonder if she is a goddess or an angel. It is hinted that many of the boys in her class adore her. While on expeditions, she wears her hair in a low ponytail and dons the traditional green Survey Corps cloak.
Subsequent to her coronation as queen, Historia alters her everyday attire presumably to conform with court meetings. She has her hair in a tidy pleat updo, parted down the middle in the front. Her attire consists of a pale-colored coat as well as a jacket matched with kindred-colored pants. Underneath her jacket, she wears a white long-sleeved shirt and dark boots. On special occasions such as ceremonies, Historia sports a pale, off-shoulder dress covered by a flowing cloak, wearing sandals and her essential crown.
In her Krista persona, Historia is usually very shy, kind, and uncertain on how to interact with others (likely due to her isolation as a child). However, Ymir notes that Historia's urge to show kindness to others stems not only from a desire to gain their esteem, but also that of the people around her: to be seen as a good person. This likely stems from her having been denied the esteem of others as a child and being raised to believe that she was an unfortunate mistake.
The strongest manifestation of this tendency is Historia's repeated and severe suicidal inclinations; she expresses the desire to die in a manner so that others will not hate her for having existed at all and will speak of her and remember her favorably. A prime example is Historia's attempt to drag a wounded Daz to safety through a blizzard. Had Ymir not decided to help without prompting, Historia and Daz would have both froze to death. This was due to her upbringing, believing herself to be a mistake and hoping that by dying, nobody would hate her.
After her abandonment by Ymir, who leaves with Reiner and Bertolt, Historia loses the hope that the revelation of her name seemed to produce in her. She regresses into a vapid disinterest in anything going on around her, unsure of how to act. She states that while the persona Krista Lenz was a kind and deeply caring person, the real Historia is vacant inside. Although Eren Yeager tells her that she seems more genuine and "less creepy" now, she continues to regard herself as lacking any true nature or identity.
However, during the coup d'état, Historia begins to slowly believe in herself and develop strength, such as defying her father and later killing him and going on Dimo Reeves' idea to punch humanity's strongest soldier. Like Krista, she develops kindness by freeing Eren and opening the orphanage, developing her own personality.
Historia was born as the illegitimate and unrecognized daughter of Rod Reiss, head of the Reiss family and the true monarchs of the Walls. Her mother, Alma, was a servant in his household who later became his mistress and confidant. After her mother became pregnant, she was sent to an estate, where Historia was born.
Historia was raised on the estate owned and administered by the Reiss family. Her mother was deliberately distant from her, spending much of her time reading or leaving the estate at night via carriages. She never participated in work around the estate and appeared to have some other source of income. Though Historia's maternal grandparents spoke with her to teach her how to work, her mother did not interact with her.
However, she seemingly held one friend during her childhood; a mysterious woman named Frieda Reiss who would visit her in secret. Historia was unaware that Frieda was her legitimate half-sister, but remembers her as being her big sis. She taught Historia how to read, and further encouraged her personal development in the hopes of becoming a kind girl that everyone would love. She would chide Historia for not being more lady-like, but would become distressed when the girl spoke of her as an ideal role model of a proper Lady. By Frieda's doing, Historia would forget many of these interactions and her existence, save for when the memories were subconsciously accessed during dreams. However, Historia would forget about these dreams when she awoke.
Growing up, she began to read widely, including books that depicted the typical relationship between a mother and her child, causing Historia to question her own relationship with her mother, and desiring to understand what it was like to have meaningful physical contact with her mother. This led to an attempt to hug her mother resulting in her being violently slapped away and causing her mother to openly lament that she did not have the bravery to kill Historia when she had been born. Though bruised and bloody, Historia felt happiness because it was the first time she had ever been spoken to by her mother. After this incident she would not see nor interact with her mother again for several years. During this interlude, she came to understand her position in the Reiss household, particularly that she was regarded by those around her as a curse and grave burden to her family; though she did not understand the reason for her treatment and rejection. The only consolation in her life on the estate were the animals being husbanded, providing her with a means of companionship.
Days after the fall of Wall Maria, Rod Reiss came to the estate with her mother to see Historia and to take her into the Reiss household properly; it is assumed that Historia would thus be recognized as a child and heir to the Reiss family. As they attempted to evacuate they were surrounded by unmarked soldiers of the First Interior Squad of the Military Police Brigade, who then confronted Rod Reiss over the identity of Historia and her mother. Rod Reiss in turn, denied any relation to them. One of the soldiers, Kenny Ackerman, restrained Alma and killed her as she desperately attempted to deny being Historia's mother and her existence thereof. Her last testament before having her throat cut were to look at her daughter and coldly state that she wished she had never given birth to her. The soldiers then attempted to kill Historia as well, but Rod Reiss intercepted their efforts by offering an alternative arrangement: that if, she were to disappear from the Reiss household, assume a new name and identity before enlisting as a soldier, that would mean they would not need to kill her. The soldiers agreed with this, and Rod Reiss then gave her the new name of "Krista Lenz".
Due to the influence of Frieda Reiss, Historia was able to use a persona that she had created for herself that was to be in all things selfless and kind to those around her. It is this persona that she uses when entering the military; in her innermost self however, she is a melancholy, empty shell of a girl, uncertain of her true nature and personality and of her purpose and meaning in the world.
StoryColossus Titan breaching Wall Maria, Historia lives in a refugee camp before reaching the minimum age requirement to enable her to enlist as a trainee. Upon her subsequent training and graduation she is ranked as 10th of the 104th; a rank below Sasha Blouse (this is later asserted by Historia to have been given the tenth position by Ymir). Armin overcome the distress of him believing himself to have lost his friends to the Titans. She then plays a role in helping a Mikasa lead expedition with the other trainees retaking control the supply room, enabling the trainees to affect a resupply which is preventing their withdrawal from Trost until then. This is while the Mysterious Titan engages other Titans in combat, distracting them from the expedition. Trost District, she reports her vertical maneuvering equipment to the Military Police Brigade for inspection as a part of the investigation over the deaths of the two captured Titans, presumed to be have been killed by a soldier using vertical maneuvering equipment. Despite her fears in facing the Titans in combat again she volunteers to became a member of the Survey Corps, something she later says is a decision made by her innermost self and that she herself does not understand the reasons behind it.
During her first expedition out of the Walls she saves Reiner, Armin, and Jean after they become partially stranded in combat against the Female Titan by supplying them with a horse allowing all of them to proceed on horseback.
She is then seen to be holding her position on the tree line (as per orders) baiting the Titans and preventing them from entering the forest while the Survey Corps attempts to capture the Female Titan.
When Minister Nick reveals to the members of the Survey Corps that Historia may know about the Walls having Titans inside them because of her family, and that she went under an assumed name after being caught in the middle of her relatives' dispute. It is not long until Eren and the others realize that she was often around Ymir.
When she remembers being with Ymir when they were helping Daz in her hometown. She is confronted for living under an alias after being caught in the middle of a serious dispute between her families and relatives. Before transforming into a Titan to fight the other Titans attacking them, Ymir makes Historia promise her to go back into living under her real name.
After Historia and the rest of the trainees watch Ymir fighting against the group of Titans nearly falling off the tower when Ymir transformed, to which Reiner questioned her if she knew about it but tells she did not know herself despite being so close to her and refuses to believe it at first. When the Trainees question whose side Ymir is on, Historia remembers some events of her and along with the other watching Ymir's attempt to fight the other Titans and came to the conclusion that she is fighting to protect everyone. She begins to cheer for Ymir telling her not to die and to break down the tower and celebrates when Ymir does so. She, along with the others, ride on her back and land on the ground safely, except for Ymir who is eaten by the Titans. As Historia tries to make her way to Ymir to fulfill her promise she is nearly grabbed by a Titan but is saved by Mikasa. As everyone watches in disbelief at Ymir's wounds and the truth, Historia reveals her true name.
She reveals her true name as Historia Reiss to Hange Zoë and pleads with her to go easy on Ymir. While she knew what her friend did was wrong in hiding information that could have been useful to the Survey Corps, she understood she did it to protect her comrades. Hange tells Historia she understands Ymir being a Titan like Eren and being an ally of humanity, but the political and bureaucratic rules are not as simple as she thinks. She watches with horror as Reiner, in his Armored Titan form, grabs Eren while Bertolt snatches Ymir in his Colossus Titan form.
During the battle, she is assigned to provide care for the wounded. She insists that Ymir is still alive, and begs the other soldiers to rescue her. Later, she joins the rescue mission against Armin's advice. The team eventually manages to catch up with Reiner and Bertolt, but are unaware that Ymir has been convinced to ally with them in exchange for Historia's safety. When Ymir appears in her Titan form, Historia rushes to greet her and is swiftly ensnared in Ymir's mouth, so the warriors can kidnap her.As the Titans flee from the military, Ymir finally spits her out and partially emerges from her Titan form so they can speak. Historia initially believes that Ymir is being forced to cooperate with the traitors, and begs to be released so that they can escape. However, Bertolt points out that Ymir is not being forced to work with them and demands to know if Ymir is going to change her mind again, abandoning Historia to save herself. At this point, Ymir breaks down and confesses to her that she intends to use Historia's status as the heir of the Reiss family and hopes to save herself from the traitors she served. Using Historia's true nature, Ymir begs her to please save her. In response, Historia smiles and states she will always be on Ymir's side.
When Mikasa arrives and attacks Ymir, Historia quickly steps forward to stop the fight. She pleads with her to spare Ymir, and refuses to back down even when Mikasa threatens her. it is only when Mikasa makes it clear she will not spare anyone who gets in her way, that Historia relents and talks Ymir out of fighting any further.
Before the conflict is resolved, Erwin Smith charges at the Armored Titan with a horde of Titans behind him. Historia is nearly grabbed by a Titan until Ymir rescues her. Historia kills a Titan in the conflict, the first on her record, and Connie attempts to rescue her while the military retreats. Historia rejects his help, saying that she must stay with Ymir if Ymir is to survive. Historia returns to Ymir, letting her know that her presence gives her the courage to fight. When Eren unleashes the Coordinate in the midst of the battle, drawing all mindless Titans to his will, Ymir chooses to leave with Reiner and Bertolt. Historia retreats with the military, reaching out to Ymir as they part ways indefinitely.
Upon the military's return to Wall Rose, Historia nearly faints from exhaustion as she is looked after by Rico Brzenska. She struggles to her feet and tells Eren that they should hurry to the other side of the Wall to rescue Ymir. When reminded that Ymir left with Reiner and Bertolt of her own free will, Historia is distraught that Ymir chose them over her. Jean notes that "Krista" is not behaving like herself and Historia says she is done being her. Krista was a role she was given to stay alive.
The Special Operations Squad leaves from their hideout on Erwin's orders to rendezvous in Trost District, but rather than going into town, Historia hides with Eren in an undisclosed location while Armin and Jean act as their respective doubles. While waiting, Historia dreams of her time with Frieda, forgetting her memories as she wakes up. She discusses the nature of their situation Eren. Historia notes that while Krista was an altruistic, kind-hearted girl, the real Historia is empty. Eren admits that he prefers the true Historia, a normal girl who is absurdly honest.
Levi and Hange discover that the Reiss family is the true royal family and Erwin plans to place Historia on the throne. She is reluctant to take on the new role, considering herself to be unfit for the task at hand, which causing Levi to snap and lay out how dire their situation is. He cannot afford to be sympathetic and pressures her for an answer. She agrees. It is just another role to play.
Historia and Eren are placed in the care of Dimo Reeves, the Survey Corps' new accomplice against the Royal Government, so that they can be captured by the First Interior Squad and taken to Rod Reiss, Historia's father and the true king of the Walls. However, Kenny Ackerman arrives to take them and suspecting a betrayal, he kills Dimo Reeves. His squad removes the blades on Historia and Eren that would have freed them.
The Interior Squad brings Historia and Eren through Stohess District in coffins on their way to their destination, where Historia reunites with Rod Reiss, who apologizes for everything. In the underground caverns beneath a chapel built by her family, Historia tells a chained Eren that everything will be all right, explaining that Rod has always been an ally of humanity and had no choice but to deal with Minister Nick, the Reeves Company, and the Survey Corps. Rod has himself and Historia place their hands on Eren to trigger Grisha Yeager's memories, so Eren will remember his father's sin.
As a result of touching Eren, Historia recovers the erased memories of her beloved half-sister, Frieda. She wants to thank her for being there for her, but Rod explains that Frieda was killed by Eren's father along with the rest of Rod's family because Grisha wanted the Titan power that resided inside her. Rod brings out a satchel, revealing a needle and serum, and tells Historia that Frieda is not really dead since her memories live on. She can still meet her sister.
Rod explains how a special Titan erected the three Walls and altered humanity's memories. Only Frieda knew the truth about how this world came to be, having devoured her uncle Uri and gained his memories along with his Power of the Titans. Frieda could have revealed the truth of the world, but did not, which was proof that she had inherited the philosophy of the first ruler of the Walls. Rod tells Historia that if Frieda had lived, she could have prevented their current situation; the breached Walls, the civil war, all the human lives that have been lost. This would not end as long as Eren holds her stolen power, because it can only be truly used by a member of the Reiss family.
Kenny interrupts the conversation to express his disappointment in the bloodline requirement by grabbing Rod and shoving his gun into his face. Historia pushes Kenny's weapon out of the way and demands that he release her father. Kenny spells it out for her that Rod intends to turn her into a Titan so she can eat Eren.
Defiant, Historia asks what is so sad about becoming a Titan and saving humanity. She will eat Eren, inherit the history of the world, and then exterminate the Titans. Kenny reminds her that she was an unwanted child. Rod only saved her because he needs her blood, not because he cares about her. She watches, visibly upset, as Kenny jams a knife in Rod's mouth while telling her that Rod only cares about himself.
Rod tries to explain and pleads with Historia not to trust anyone else. Disgusted, Kenny finally leaves him alone and walks over to Eren. He cuts Eren's forehead to injure him and tells Historia that they can both fight to the death as Titans. Panicked, Rod gives Historia a syringe so she can change into a Titan before Eren has a chance to escape his restraints. She takes the syringe, but notices that Eren is not transforming. When she asks why, he expresses regret for all the deaths that happened because of him and his father and asks Historia to eat him and save humanity. He says he did not need to happen, causing Historia to remember her unwanted childhood and the day that Eren called her normal.
As Historia pushes the needle into her arm, she recalls her time with Frieda and with Ymir. She asks her father why her sister did not fight. No one in the Reiss family ever got rid of the Titans or freed humanity, even though they had the power. She remembers how Frieda would sometimes act possessed and call everyone sinners. Historia asks if that is because Frieda inherited the first king’s ideology and Rod confirms it, saying that the first king believed that having the Titans rule humanity was the path to peace.
Historia considers her father's words, knowing that humanity does not have a future if the king's power remains inside Eren, but she recalls Ymir's words to her about living her life with pride. Historia smashes the syringe on the floor, rejecting her father's wishes. She throws him over her shoulder and takes his satchel before running over to Eren.
She uses the keys to start freeing Eren and tells him that they are going to escape. He protests, asking to be eaten, but Historia cracks him on the head and tells him to shut up. In her opinion, humanity is the problem. The Titans can have them. She pulls away one of the chains around Eren and says she will let him get away before she destroys everything.
Even when Rod transforms into a Titan after licking the contents of the broken syringe, Historia refuses to leave Eren. She tells him that even if she is humanity's enemy, she is Eren's friend, and when she sees someone crying because no one needs them, she wants to tell them that it is not true. She opens another shackle before being blown back from the winds generated by Rod's transformation, but Mikasa catches her. The rest of Squad Levi appears to take over Eren's rescue. However the group is trapped in the collapsing cavern. Eren apologizes for being useless, but Historia asks him if he really wants to wait here until they get burned or crushed to death simply because the two of them are enemies of humanity.
Eren gets up and grabs a bottle labeled "Armor" that had fallen out of Rod's satchel and breaks it between his teeth as he transforms into a Titan. This allows him to harden his Titan body and create pillar-like structures that support the collapsing cavern without disappearing even after he is extracted.
Historia climbs out through the open ceiling along with the rest of the squad and they follow Rod Reiss' Titan on wagon and horseback. Eren suggests allowing himself to be eaten again since Rod Reiss has the right bloodline, but Historia argues against it. The Reiss family has tried to undo the First King's brainwashing for decades and as soon as Rod gets the power he can erase everyone's memories again. She tells Eren that this may actually be humanity's best hope, because the Progenitor Titan has been taken away from the people who have such a terrible idea about what makes peace.
Hange agrees with Historia and asks if she is certain of her choice. They cannot restrain a Titan of Rod's size so they will have to kill her father. Historia thinks about reuniting with Rod and apologizes to Eren because she really was going to kill him back in the cavern, not for humanity's sake, but because she did not want her father to hate her. Now she realizes it is time to say goodbye.
The group reunites with Erwin and falls back to Orvud District to prepare for the Titan's arrival. As dawn arrives, Historia walks out on top of the Wall wearing her vertical maneuvering equipment and insists on participating in the battle. Levi tries ordering her away, but she throws his own words back at him about choosing whether to run or fight.
Rod approaches the Wall, cutting off any further argument, and the Garrison begins a cannon barrage to stop him. Historia helps Hange and the other soldiers put together a web of rope around several stacks of gunpowder barrels. Erwin reminds her that she will be queen if they survive this, so it is a problem for her to be on the front lines. Historia asks him if the people are so naive that they would obey a ruler in name only. She has given herself own mission to carry out, and that is why she is here.
Historia tells Erwin that once the Titan is dead he should say that she was the one who finished it off. That way the situation inside the Walls should stabilize and the people will come together behind her.
When Rod reaches the Wall, the Garrison retreats and the Survey Corps takes over. Eren transforms into a Titan and hurls the web of barrels into the open mouth of Rod's Titan. It is so hot that it causes the gunpowder to spontaneously explode, blowing off large chunks of the Titan's head and torso. The Survey Corps uses vertical maneuvering equipment to attack the flying pieces in hopes of cutting the nape before the Titan can regenerate.
Historia apologizes for being selfish. This is the first fight she has ever had with her father. She cuts through a piece of the Titan and sees memories of a young Rod jailed while he demands explanations from his father for not killing the Titans, Rod trying to find solace in Alma, and of Uri and Frieda expressing their belief that inheriting their Titan would not change them.
Rod's Titan explodes and Historia lands on a padded cart. As she regains consciousness, she finds herself surrounded by surprised citizens, who ask if she is the one who finished off the Titan. They cannot identify her military posting, since she is not wearing her uniform. She is initially uncertain if this is truly her own decision, but she stands up and tells them that she is Historia Reiss, the true ruler of the Walls.
Historia is crowned as the new queen before a large and enthusiastic crowd. People remember seeing her protect them from the Titan and admire her for stopping her father. After the ceremony, she and her friends find Levi so she can punch him in retaliation for his bullying, like Dimo Reeves suggested. Historia feels she would not be fit to be queen if she did not have the guts to do it. She socks Levi, and to her surprise he smiles and thanks everyone.
Two months later, Historia has started running a farm where she can bring orphans and other people in need, using her family's budget and assets seized from politicians. The monarchy is largely for show, but despite that the people think well of her. She ropes her friends from Squad Levi into helping her with the chores, much to their dismay.
While they are there, she talks to Eren about his hardening experiments in preparation for recovering Wall Maria and he admits they need to hurry if they are to do so before Reiner and Bertolt return. She asks if Eren wants to kill them. He says he has to. She looks at the farm and tells Eren that she cannot regret turning down the First King's power. Historia believes what they are doing here is right. Eren expresses his admiration for her, considering that she was ready to doom humanity when they were back in the cave, and she sputters that she just got carried away. Before they can talk any further, Mikasa interrupts them and takes away the load Eren is carrying, ending the conversation.
As Armin explains his plan for victory against the Colossus Titan to Eren, Historia stands among the fields of her orphanage with two Military Police soldiers guarding her, worrying for the Survey Corps and wondering if the operation to retake Wall Maria and humanity's land will be successful. After the operation, she is given Ymir's letter. She reads it and learns about Ymir's past. After she finishes reading the letter, she calls Ymir an idiot and begins to cry. At that moment, she is visited by Eren, Mikasa and Armin. She remarks to them that she is glad the three of them have barely changed despite all that has happened to them.
Historia sits at the head of the military meeting where it would be decided how to proceed after the events at Shiganshina. Despite being Queen, Historia merely oversees the meeting until its conclusion, when she decides that the military will reveal the truth to the populace.
Later on, Historia attends at the ceremony for the Survey Corps soldiers. As the queen, she gives Hange the bolo tie of the Survey Corps Commander and gives medals to the survivors of the battle of Shiganshina. When giving a medal to Eren, her Reiss blood triggers a memory of his father in him. After realizing something was wrong, she asks about him concernedly.
Historia is a strong soldier who graduated tenth in her class, although Ymir slacked off to improve Historia's ranking. She has mastered the vertical maneuvering equipment and she can kill Titans effectively.
She is also proficient in hand to hand combat, able to throw Rod Reiss, who is heavier and taller than her.
Historia Reiss's Statistics :
- Ymir - Their relationship was complex, but they were very close, and Ymir had been stated to be in love with her. Historia stated that Ymir had "the worst personality ever," but that she was willing to abandon humanity if doing so would help Ymir. She stated her intention to be at Ymir's side and that she trusted her above all others. While Ymir challenged her unhealthy behaviors, Historia likewise challenged Ymir on her worst aspects. When Historia was pressured by Rod to inject herself with the Titan serum and eat Eren, the memory of Ymir encouraging her to live her life with pride gave Historia the courage to reject her father's plan and rescue Eren. It is unknown if Historia is currently aware of Ymir's death.
- Rod Reiss - Rod was Historia's biological father as well as the source of much of the anguish in her life. Historia met him when she was a child and was going to live with him. However when Rod denied any relation to her when confronted by the Interior Squad and her mother was killed, Historia was given the new name Krista Lenz. Historia had since held Rod in contempt for her mother's death as well as abandoning her. Years later, Rod attempted to reclaim Historia when her true identity was revealed. While Historia was not thrilled to see him again, when Rod opened up to her and told her about his plans Historia, upon being treated with kindness from him initially accepted her part. Historia listened and nearly believed everything Rod said even when interference from Captain Ackerman revealed an ulterior motive. However, upon hearing on what became of Frieda after she received the power and the state of humanity, Historia finally rejected Rod upon realizing that he was only using her to reclaim the Reiss family's power. Historia then killed Rod when he became a Titan, indirectly avenging her mother's death and her past pain caused by him.
- Frieda Reiss - Frieda was Historia's older half-sister but she did not know at the time. Frieda treated Historia with kindness and respect that no one else did but forgot about her whenever Frieda suppressed her memories. Upon reclaiming her memories Historia consumed with grief nearly turned her back on Eren since his father killed her and nearly went along with Rod's claim to 'bring her back'. However, recalling how Frieda was consumed by the first Reiss King's ideology when she wanted to see her Historia rejected Rod's plan as it had destroyed Frieda's humanity.
- Sasha Blouse - Sasha initially regarded Historia as a goddess when she brought her food and water after she had spent several hours running. The two seem to have remained close during their training days. Historia also showed support to Sasha when Ymir teased her.
- 104th Training Corps - Historia is admired by the rest of the trainees, and the most popular girl among them. Many of her male classmates have a crush on her due to her beauty and kindness, as demonstrated when she rescued Reiner Braun, Armin Arlert, and Jean Kirstein.
- Mikasa Ackerman - Mikasa's reactions to Historia have always been mixed. During the Clash of the Titans arc, she makes it clear to her that she would not spare anyone who got in her way. However, when she and the rest of Levi's squad arrived in the innermost cavern of the Reiss underground chapel, she went to Historia's aid first, not Eren's. (Though this is likely because Historia was in more immediate danger, as well as having the key to free Eren on her person.) Though neither girl is likely aware of it, they are alike in that each has a person who is important to her, and each is willing to go to any length to ensure the safety and well-being of that person.
- Connie Springer - Although they have only been shown interacting a handful of times, Historia and Connie clearly appear to be good friends. During the rescue of Eren, they were seen working together to slaughter Titans. Connie is also the one to make her aware of the truth behind Ymir's actions, and she trusts him enough to take his word at face value.
- Eren Yeager - Historia had always envied Eren for always knowing his goals and being able to work toward them. Eren had initially disliked her Krista persona, seeing it as phony. Since the revelation of her true identity, Eren has come to respect her as a "stupidly honest and regular person." His statement that he likes her better as Historia meant a lot to her, and it motivated her in great part to stand up to her father and try to save Eren's life, rather than consume him.
- Alma - Alma was the mistress of Rod, Historia's father, although when Alma got pregnant, Rod was forced to send Alma away to a Reiss estate. Historia wanted the relationship that any other child has with their parent. But Alma resented her existence, wishing she had the courage to kill her. Alma was incredibly distant towards her daughter and avoided any and all interaction with Historia, preferring to read or go out into the city while Historia and her parents dealt with the farm work. When Historia learned to read, she saw the typical relationship of a mother and daughter and wanted this relationship with Alma. One day, while Alma was reading, Historia tried to hug her, but Alma violently slapped her off, horrified. Crying, Alma wished she was not born. Even though she was bruised and bloody, she was happy that for the first time in her life, her mother spoke to her. This caused Alma to leave the farm. Years later, on the day of her death, Alma turned to Historia and screamed that she wished Historia was never born, as Kenny slit her throat. Despite this, Historia remembers her mother in a somewhat forgiving light, as she called her beautiful when telling her life story to the Levi Squad.
- The official site reveals that the majority of her male classmates had a crush on her, referring to her as the "Goddess" of the 104th.
- A recurring gag in the series is that people actually refers to her as "goddess" or by terms related to God in several circumstances. First it was Sasha in Episode 3/Chapter 15 when Historia gave her a bread after Sasha fell tired for being forced to run for 5 hours; second time by Jean and Armin in Episode 18/Chapter 24 when she came to their rescue after they were attacked by the Female Titan; and finally in Chapter 64 when Rod was trying to convince her to regain the Coordinate and become "God".
- In a Volume 11 sideart, Isayama portrayed Historia shifting into a Titan which depicted her as an angel.
- Her name is based on the song lyrics "The Unsung War" from the video game Ace Combat 5 which also serves as Inspiration for Isayama's one-shot "Heartbreak One" he had written before Shingeki no Kyojin in which the female lead character strongly resembles Historia.
- Her birthday, January 15, was celebrated in Japan as Coming of Age Day between 1948 and 2000. It is now held on the second Monday of the month but continues to celebrate the entry into adulthood by those turning 20.
- Her alias surname "Lenz" means "spring" in old German.
- It is unknown if Historia is still a member of the Special Operations Squad or the Survey Corps since her coronation because she is the only member of the Special Operations Squad not to participate in the operation to reclaim Wall Maria.
- Historia is the only living member of her family.
- Historia is also the only one of her family to be recognized by the populace as true royalty of the Walls.
- She is the only character in the series to have two chapters in the manga named after her.
- As Queen of the Walls, she is currently the only current or past member of the military who outranks Darius Zackly.
- If she is still a member of the Special Operations Squad, she is the only current member who outranks Levi, the squad leader.
|I can't be a good girl... and I don't want to be a god. But... when I see someone crying, saying... no one needs them... I want to tell them... it's not true. No matter who! No matter where! I'll come to the rescue!!|
|— Historia to Eren|
|We are all the people of the Walls. We have a shared fate. We must now unite as one...and work together.|
|— Historia in the meeting|