Kuchel was a slim woman with light-colored eyes, and long dark hair that reached her back. Her facial features resembled those of Levi.
Little is known about her personality; however, she seemed to be a loving mother to Levi. So much so, that despite her brother's objections, and despite the fact that one of her clients was the father of Levi, she tried to raise her son on her own. She was shown shedding tears and smiling while hugging her newborn son.
Long after the persecution of the Ackerman clan, Kuchel took to working in a brothel in the Underground. She ended up being impregnated by one of her clients. Kenny Ackerman, her big brother, eventually found her and tried to convince her not to keep the child; to which she refused. However, several years after Levi was born, she got infected by an unknown disease from a client and died. Having no one to take care of him, Levi began to slowly waste away as well, leaving him emotionally scarred.
LegacyKenny came to visit her some time after her death, and was surprised by how much weight she had lost; though, the young Levi informed him that she was already dead. Kenny eventually raised Levi, without revealing his true relationship with Kuchel, passing himself off as an acquaintance of hers.
Their true relationship and the reasons for his abandonment remained unknown to Levi until many years later, when a dying Kenny revealed the truth to him.
- Levi Ackerman - Her only son, Kuchel decided to have him despite her brother's advice not to do so. She raised him alone in the brothel for some years, until she got sick and died when Levi was just a little boy. She seemed to be a loving mother to him, as Levi was visibly affected when she died.
- Kenny Ackerman - Despite being siblings, they were not close. They were separated for some time until Kenny found her in the Underground City. Already pregnant, he advised her not to have the child, but she did not listen to him. Kenny did not visit her again until some years later, after becoming Uri's bodyguard. After being informed that Kuchel was dead, Kenny raised Levi on Kuchel's behalf, but only until the child was capable enough to fend for himself. Because he felt that he was unfit to be Levi's parent, he kept their true relationship secret until moments before his own death.
- Unnamed grandfather - They were never seen interacting since, when Kenny found Kuchel, their grandfather was already on his deathbed. Though Kenny believed the news about him finding Kuchel was not appropriate to tell his grandfather in his last moments, the latter did not really express any emotion after hearing the news.
- Brothel's owner - He did not seem to truly care about Kuchel, and was only worried that he could no longer make money off of her.
- Kuchel's pseudonym, Olympia, is likely a reference to the French Impressionist Édouard Manet's famous oil painting, Olympia(1863). The painting is particularly notable for a female courtesan posed in a provocative position, staring rather confrontationally at the viewer, as her housemaid looks on.