This article contains heavy SPOILERS. Continue at your own risk, or use the icons above (if any) to switch to another version of the page without spoilers.
A man appearing to be in his mid 30's. He had short blond hair with gold colored eyes, as well as a little stubble on his chin. The look of his clothing suggests that he was a commoner.
It is hinted that Mr. Ackerman, or a close relative of his, was driven into poverty due to their business failing. As such, Mr. Ackerman and his family lived in the woods within the Shiganshina District to avoid persecution from the government. He hunted and, most likely, helped with the gardening as a means to support his family.
While waiting for Dr. Yeager to arrive, his life, as well as his wife's life, was cut short. All due to human traffickers who intended to sell both his wife and daughter on the black market, due to them being the last Asians. He was stabbed one time after opening his door, and died before having a chance to realize what happened. Later his body is found by Dr. Yeager when he comes to visit. Stating that they, Mr. and Mrs. Ackerman, had been dead for hours.Levi Ackerman speaks about Kenny Ackerman, he asks Mikasa if she was possibly related to him. Mikasa retells that when her parents were alive they told her that her father's family, the Ackerman bloodline, was persecuted inside the cities and that her Asian mother's family lost a place to live inside the cities as well, possibly because of her race. Mikasa then states that her parents met as fellow people who had been driven into the mountains and out of the cities and got married. She claims that her father never knew why the Ackermans were discriminated against and that they were not of a different race like her mother was.
Mr. Ackerman's Statistics :
- Mikasa Ackerman - His only daughter, he did what he could to protect her from the government's persecutions.
- Mrs. Ackerman - His loving wife, together they lived a simple life with their daughter in their cabin in the woods.
- Grisha Yeager - Their trusted doctor who was willing to make the trip to their home for examinations.
- In chapter 65, it is hinted that he and Kenny Ackerman (and by extension, Levi) are related. So far, it is not clear how closely related they are.
- It is unknown if he ever experienced that moment in his life when a "power" awakened inside him, characteristic of people with the surname Ackerman; though the fact that he was easily killed after being taken by surprise, and that he displayed a cheerful personality more similar to Mikasa's before awakening her power, totally different to the other Ackermans, suggest that he never experienced that moment.