|To hell with capturing it!! Take what's coming to you!!|
|— Oluo vows to kill the Female Titan.|
Oluo Bozado (オルオ・ボザド Oruo Bozado?) was a soldier of the Survey Corps hand-picked by Levi Ackerman to be included in the Special Operations Squad. He was a skilled soldier with a very high Titan kill record.
Oluo had a much older appearance than his peers, having more pronounced wrinkles despite being implied to be around the same age as his team mates. He had slightly curly, brown hair styled in an undercut and small eyes. He wore the standard Survey Corps uniform, as well as a cravat, and his eyebrows were often pulled down in a condescending manner, similar to Levi. Oluo purposely styled his hair and cravat to resemble his Captain, Levi.
Oluo was a very self-confident, outspoken individual, and enjoyed boasting about his own prowess. Despite his obnoxious demeanor, he was the best out of Levi's Special Operations Squad; his 39 solo kills (highest solo kills out of his peers, bested only by Levi) fueled his haughty nature. Though Oluo tried to come across as self-important, his cockiness was rarely taken seriously, and he was also shown to be somewhat clumsy, frequently biting his own tongue on accident.
Oluo also casually attempted to imitate Levi, such as his rough speech and confident attitude, which caused him to be at slight odds with Petra.
Levi hand-picks Oluo to form a Special Operations Squad alongside Petra, Eld, and Gunther. Their primary task is to safeguard Eren during missions and, if necessary, kill him if he loses control of his Titan powers. Oluo gives Eren a hard time, making it clear that he would not trust the newcomer easily.
During Eren's month-long stay with the Special Operations Squad, Oluo is extremely pessimistic about Eren being able to control his powers. When Eren accidentally transforms after a training session, Oluo immediately assumed he was up to no good, and threatened to kill him on the spot if he barely moves a muscle. After calming down, Oluo, along with the rest of the squad, bites down on their own hands like Eren does as a way of apologizing to Eren for their rash and aggressive responses, and hopes he will begin to put his faith in them.
During the Survey Corps' 57th Expedition, Oluo's duty is to protect Eren, and, along with the rest of the squad, is left in the dark of Commander Erwin's true objective, which is to capture the Female Titan. When the Female Titan finds the Squad, Oluo and the rest of the Squad try to convince Eren not to transform and to trust his comrades. The Titan is finally captured with a trap, but she manages to escape in her human body with an vertical maneuvering equipment and decapitates Gunther in the process. Eventually, Oluo and the rest of the squad come to blows with the Female Titan and order Eren to retreat. Though they fight fiercely, with incredible coordination, Oluo's teammates are quickly killed because of the unexpected power of the Titan, which leaves him to fight alone. Enraged by the deaths of his friends, Oluo tries to kill her with a powerful slash to her nape, but she hardens her nape, rendering the attack null. He is then overwhelmed, killed by one of her roundhouse kicks.
Later in the Battle of Shiganshina, as Erwin Smith begins to lament the dwindling hopes of his dream, Oluo stands among the many fallen Survey Corps comrades in Erwin's mind, wanting to know if their deaths had meaning.
He was a very skillful soldier who had an impressive Titan kill record of 48 kills: 39 solo kills and 9 team kills. Oluo used vertical maneuvering equipment quite well, being very competent at slaying Titans alone. He was fine-tuned to work in coordination with the rest of the Special Operations Squad, and together, they could launch coordinated strikes without so much as speaking.
Oluo Bozado's Statistics :
- Eren Yeager - Oluo dismissed Eren as a newbie, and did not trust his ability to control his Titan powers. When Eren partially transformed on accident, Oluo was convinced he was up to no good and threatened to kill him on the spot. Later, realizing his rash reaction, Oluo hoped that Eren would forgive him, though he said so in his usual rude manner.
- Levi Ackerman - Oluo was fiercely loyal to Levi after having had his life saved by him. He subsequently attempted to mold himself into the image of the man he respects most. Oluo attempted to copy Levi's speech patterns, cool attitude, and even smaller details like his hair and fashion and his ability to face Titans all alone. After Levi saved his life, Oluo thanked him and declared that he would follow him anywhere.
- Petra Ral - Petra was frequently annoyed by Oluo's rudeness and his obnoxious habit of mimicking Levi. Oluo dismissed her remarks, and thought of her as an aspiring, naggy wife. Despite their bickering, the two had a long history of working and fighting alongside each other, leading to a powerful friendship and bond, and Oluo was devastated by her death.
- Eld Jinn - Oluo trusted Eld both as a teammate and as a friend. However, Eld did not hold back on pushing Oluo's buttons, and revealed to Eren some of Oluo's less respectable moments.
- Gunther Schultz - Gunther and Oluo worked well as a team, though Gunther occasionally scolded him and the others for their unfocused attitudes.
- Oluo has the highest confirmed solo Titan kills.
- Levi was aware that Oluo Bozado was imitating him and thought it to be annoying.
- Oluo, having been unaware of the Female Titan's hardening ability, never knew why his blades did not cut her nape.
- The Attack on Titan Guidebook includes an imaginary interview with Oluo and Petra that supposedly takes place after they were killed by the Female Titan:
- Q: You two came to a very shocking end.
- Oluo: I let that Titan win. You don't seem to understand: beating a Titan isn't necessarily the best way to get noticed.
- Petra: The Female Titan was a tough enemy, so I can't be surprised at what happened. But if the captain was in that situation...
- Oluo: Hah. With the right methods, there's nothing I can't defeat—
- Petra: Hey! Are you trying to imitate the captain yet again?!
- Oluo: You're the one who followed me, Petra. But don't you think it's a little early to be acting like my wife?
- Hajime Isayama has stated that Oluo and Petra were from the same batch of trainees.