This article contains heavy SPOILERS. Continue at your own risk, or use the icons above (if any) to switch to another version of the page without spoilers.
|◄ Preceded by|| Pieck|
|Followed by ►|
|It's been two months since the last time I turned back into a human. I forget how to walk on two legs every time this happens.|
|— Pieck to Reiner after the battle at Fort Slava|
Pieck is a short young woman with long, disheveled black hair and relaxed eyes. She wears a white blouse, a long trench coat, and skirt which goes down to her ankles as well as black lace up boots. She also wears the Eldian armband on her left arm, as required of all Eldians under the authority of Marley. Since the end of the Marley Mid-East War, Pieck has begun to walk with a crutch, having lost some grasp on the ability to walk upright after spending two months in her Cart Titan body without interruption, which she claims is common for her. However, she can be seen walking on all fours when there are few people around, as she claims it "feels more natural".
In her Titan form, Pieck is 4 m tall while on all fours and walks on all four limbs in a quadrupedal fashion. Her torso is long and flat, allowing for materials to be easily packed onto her back. Her face is elongated, bearing wide lips and a large nose with a very small forehead and a huge mouth. It has short, dark hair and has no distinct female features, and its long face allows for custom armor, jaws, and war mechanisms to be crafted and strapped to it; this is common wear for the Cart Titan when it is in action.
Pieck is shown to be somewhat sweet and kind, consistently shown to care about her fellow warriors and the warrior cadets. She is very intelligent, able to quickly deduce a situation. When the warriors were discussing the prospect of using the Tybur family to assist in their operations, Pieck was able to quickly figure things out, and Zeke Yeager implies this happens quite often. However, Pieck is usually shown to be quite eccentric and easy going. During the train ride to Liberio, Pieck gladly gave Colt Grice a drink when he asked for one, which led to him getting drunk and leading the other Eldian soldiers in a chant in favor of Gabi. As a result of constantly being in her Titan form, Pieck has shown the habit of walking on all fours when few people are around, although she is still capable of walking upright.
Like the other warriors, Pieck is shown to very much support Marley. While not outright stated, it is implied that like most Eldians living in Marley she detests those living on Paradis due to the false history she was raised with and the indoctrination she underwent as a cadet. During the battle with the Survey Corps, while she mostly remained with Zeke throughout the battle, she acted as his stead after he was retrieved from his Beast Titan form, and was willing to kill Hange Zoë and Levi Ackerman for trying to have Zeke and Reiner killed. During the battle at Fort Slava, Pieck acted similar to a tanker, attacking the bunkers of the Allied forces while men firing machine gun turrets shot at the soldiers. In spite of her support, she seems to secretly not have a lot of faith in her superiors and their plans, as she sarcastically remarked that sending 4 children on a mission to retrieve the Founding Titan was a brilliant idea. However, her full opinion remains to be seen. She is also very concerned about the future of the Eldians as whole, as she recognizes that the world wants them gone and fears that they will not be of use anymore with the growing technological progress.
After Zeke and his army appear, Pieck is seen walking among them, acting as a mule by carrying crates and barrels strapped to her back. When Erwin Smith sees this, he theorizes that Pieck has intelligence and acted as a scout to warn Reiner Braun of the Survey Corps' oncoming approach.Erwin's theory was correct. Pieck had been watching the Survey Corps' movement toward Shiganshina District. As Zeke was conversing with Reiner and Bertolt Hoover, the Titan spoke, warning them of the Survey Corps' imminent arrival.
After the battle with the Survey Corps begins, Pieck assists Zeke by supplying him with rocks to crush and throw at the soldiers.
After Zeke slaughters most of the Survey Corps in their final charge, Levi Ackerman brutally rips apart Zeke's Titan and removes him from the nape, preparing to feed Zeke to any surviving Survey Corps member he could inject with the Titan serum. Pieck surprises Levi when she charges at him and Zeke from behind and steals Zeke in her mouth, barely giving Levi room to escape. Pieck then flees with Zeke, and the remaining Titans are ordered to kill Levi by the war chief. The two are then pursued by a determined Levi as he begins to take down the Titans and vows to keep his promise to Erwin.Pieck appears inside Shiganshina with Zeke on her back. She quickly makes her way over to Eren Yeager who is sitting on a rooftop holding Bertolt Hoover captive. She stops and stands by as Zeke and Eren speak. During this time, Zeke reveals that he knows Eren's father, Grisha Yeager. Before he can go into detail, Levi appears atop the Wall and jumps down to pursue them. Pieck then sprints away at Zeke's command.
After Reiner had been located, Pieck appears out of nowhere and lunges at Hange Zoë, attempting to crush her in its jaws; however, Jean Kirstein is able to tackle her out of the way in time. Hange quickly gets to her feet, blade ready, but is shocked when she sees Pieck holding her hostage, Reiner, in her mouth. Pieck then makes off with him and is pursued by Connie Springer, who is then ordered to stop by Hange as she believes he will just have the tables turned on him. As Levi, Eren, and Mikasa Ackerman debate over who will be given the Titan injection and devour the now-defeated Bertolt, Erwin or Armin Arlert, Pieck climbs and reaches atop Wall Maria with Zeke and Reiner, looking on.
Four years later, Pieck is present at the battle of Fort Slava at the climax of the war between Marley and the Mid-East Allied Forces. While it is suggested by Colt that she should engage in combat with the fort's defenses, Commander Magath denied the suggestion due to the presence of anti-Titan artillery which could kill any Titan with a single 100mm round. Once the artillery is destroyed, Pieck enters the battlefield with her Cart Titan fully armored and equipped with four manned machine guns and begins to assault the bunkers of the Mid-East Allied Forces alongside Galliard's Jaw Titan.
After the battle, Pieck joins Galliard and Reiner, recovering from his injuries received in the battle. As a result of spending two consecutive months in her Titan form, Pieck has been forced to walk with a crutch. While Reiner leaves, Pieck stays behind to rest by Galliard. She tells Reiner to go find the warrior cadets. She later joins the rest of the Marley military on the train returning to their hometown, seated among the other warriors. When the train reaches the station, Pieck gets off the train and walks with the rest of the warriors towards Liberio. When inside, she is happily greeted by a middle-aged man.
Pieck is later seen at the Warrior headquarters, spotted by Galliard walking on all fours like her Titan, as she believes it to be more natural. Galliard, irritated, tells her to walk on two feet like a normal human. Throughout the meeting between the warriors, Pieck is observed sitting on a couch and furthers Zeke's argument that the Tybur family is necessary to help the warriors regain the Founding Titan.
Pieck later attends a military meeting discussing the logistics of an assault on Paradis. She stays silent until the conclusion of this meeting, when she goes outside to join her fellow warriors on a balcony. Pieck expresses her discontent with the military senior officers, finding them foolish for their lackluster past plans, and wonders about the future of the Eldians.
Pieck is praised for her intellect by her fellow warriors and Marley military. She has proved to be able to deduce consequences according to the facts that were presented to her and is regarded as someone who can take the appropriate decisions according to the situation. This is what motivated the Marley military to give her the Cart Titan.
Pieck has the power to transform herself into a 4m Titan known as the Cart Titan. It is the shortest of all known human-controlled Titans.
- Speed: Like the Jaw Titan, Pieck's Titan is known for its devastating speed. During the Mission to Regain the Founding Titan, Pieck was able to successfully retake Zeke from his devastated Beast Titan form during his fight against Levi Ackerman, he himself noted for his immense speed. This incapacitated him long enough for them to make their escape. During the battle at Fort Slava, Pieck was tasked alongside Galliard to take out the bunkers of the Mid-East Allied Forces.
- Enhanced Strength: Like all humans with the power of the Titans, Pieck's Titan form has strength stronger than Pure Titans. Due to the unique appearance of the Cart Titan, she is oftentimes used as a pack mule, being able to carry barrels and crates across her Titan's back.
- Communication: Pieck is capable of speech in her Titan form. During the Return to Shinganshina arc, she acted as a scout for Zeke and Reiner, warning them of the imminent Survey Corps. She shares this ability with Ymir and Zeke, though she shows no trouble speaking, unlike the former.
- Enhanced Transformation Endurance: While most other humans containing the power of the Titans are unable to stay in their Titan forms for extended periods of time at risk of absorption, Pieck is able to stay in this form for extremely long periods of time due to the power of her Cart Titan. However, due to her Titan form walking on all fours, Pieck oftentimes forgets how to walk on two legs after leaving Titan form. During the Marley Mid-East War, Pieck stated that she spent around two months in her Titan form, and as a result, has begun to walk with the aid of a crutch.
- Porco Galliard - Pieck appears to be very close friends with Porco. The two warriors grew especially close during the Marley Mid-East War, frequently fighting by each other's side in several battles including the battle of Fort Slava at the end of the war. She occasionally refers to him by the affectionate nickname "Pock" (ポッコ Pokko?), though this name seems to irritate him. The pair appeared to have been friends since they were children, training together as warrior cadets.
- Zeke Yeager - Like the other Warriors, Pieck is shown to greatly respect and admire her war chief. During the battle in Shiganshina, she alerted Zeke to the presence of the Survey Corps and subsequently rescued him and Reiner when the battle came to a conclusion. During said battle, she was also shown gathering rocks for him to aim at the approaching Survey Corps, until he told her to stop otherwise. Like Porco, she has known Zeke since childhood.
- Marlowe Freudenberg
- Unnamed Survey Corps recruit
- Erwin Smith
- At least 48 unnamed Survey Corps members
- At least 6 unnamed Mid-East Allied Forces soldiers
- Pieck is the only known living human-controlled female Titan whose Titan still retains a male appearance.
- During Pieck's debut appearance, Hajime Isayama was considering designing Pieck as a middle-aged man. However, he later decided to design Pieck as a young adult woman.