|◄ Preceded by|| Porco Galliard|
|Followed by ►|
In his human form, Galliard has the appearance of a young man of medium height and slender complexion. He has light eyes, and his blond hair is in an undercut style which is pushed back. He wears combat trousers and a short coat.
Galliard's Titan, the Jaw Titan, possesses deep-set eyes with a heavy brow and long blond hair. While his chin sports a long beard, the rest of his face is hairless with a cog-like arrangement of seemingly hard skin in place of lips. His Titan also sports what appear to be armored face, fingers and knuckles. His body is muscular and well-toned, and he usually employs all four limbs when moving.
Galliard appears to be a brave figure, using his Titan to leap in the way of bullets and protect his fellow Eldians Gabi and Falco. It is, however, quite possible that Galliard was not acting on bravery and was instead certain of his ability to withstand gunfire with the absence of the anti-Titan artillery, indicating that he has fought on battlefields before. As a dedicated Warrior, he charges right into the heat of battle, attacking an enemy gunman and crushing him for his people.
He also has somewhat of a bitter personality, and is shown to treat others, particularly Reiner Braun, condescendingly. Galliard seems to be prone to using a passive-aggressive language, although this may simply be motivated because of his animosity towards Reiner. He is, or at least was, prone to violence, as seen when he punched Reiner after they had an argument. He also appears to be notably arrogant in his own power, trusting that his Titan powers are more than enough to keep him alive against the experienced Survey Corps and is shocked when they are able to essentially fight him to a standstill.
Some years before the Paradis Island Operation, Galliard was a candidate for inheriting the Armored Titan. He participated in the selection process along other Eldian children. He and his older brother Marcel were chosen to be candidates for Warriors after an extenuating physical test involving running under the rain with military equipment. After reuniting with the other 6 possible candidates and receiving the information about the future offensive against Paradis, Galliard scolded Reiner as he considered him the only one without a special talent, being only fueled by his love towards Marley and his adulating towards their superiors. After Reiner accused him of being an Eldian spy, Galliard punched him and was stopped by his brother before continuing to their destination.
However, it was eventually decided in the year 843 that Reiner Braun would instead inherit the power. Galliard's brother Marcel was additionally chosen to inherit the power of the Jaw Titan. When the Warriors departed for the island of Paradis, Galliard remained behind on the continental mainland.
When the Paradis Island Operation is abandoned in the year 850, Ymir, who had eaten Marcel and stolen the power of the Jaw Titan, is sent back to Marley. Afterwards, Galliard is chosen to reclaim the Jaw Titan for Marley. Turning into a mindless Titan, Galliard consumes Ymir and gains the power of the Titans. He inherits Ymir's memories and understands her history and motives, but he sees nothing from the memories of his brother.
Four years after the Warriors' return, Galliard is present at the battle of Fort Slava. Under orders from the Warriors' Marleyan superiors led by Commander Magath, he along with his comrade Pieck are unauthorized to engage in combat with the Mid-East Allied Forces at the fort due to the presence of the highly dangerous anti-Titan artillery. However, once Gabi succeeds in bombing the armored train which held the artillery, Galliard joins the fight and shields her and Falco from machine gun fire before charging forward, decimating the enemies defenses.
After clearing their defenses, Galliard keeps advancing towards the enemy, killing several soldiers inside the trenches and using his powerful jaw to break the railways. After the Armored Titan is deployed inside the fortress, he destroys several anti-Titan artillery platforms in order to protect him. He quickly retires and leaves the remaining soldiers to the Armored Titan and the Beast Titan.
After the battle, Galliard watches over Reiner as he recovers from his injuries following the battle of Fort Slava. When Reiner awakens, he thanks Galliard for saving him in Fort Slava, but Galliard coldly tells him that he only wanted to keep Marley from losing the Armored Titan. Galliard then explains that he did not inherit his brother's memories but he did inherit Ymir's memories and harshly berates Reiner for needing to be saved by his comrades so often, including Marcel whose death Galliard holds Reiner accountable for. Reiner eventually leaves after Pieck joins them, and Galliard stays behind with Pieck.
Galliard later joins the rest of the Marleyan military on the train returning to their homeland, seated among the other Warriors.
Galliard is soon summoned to the Warriors' headquarters for a meeting with Zeke. On his way, he meets up with Pieck, who is trying to walk on all fours to emulate her Cart Titan. Once the two arrive, Zeke informs them of his plan to stabilize Marley's steadily waning power by recommencing the Paradis Island Operation to reclaim the Founding Titan. Galliard is unhappy at the news that the noble Tybur family will be acting as the Warriors' spokespersons during the affair, but is convinced by Reiner and Zeke to agree to the plan.
Galliard quietly attends a military meeting figuring out the logistics of an invasion of Paradis. After the meeting ends, he joins his Warrior colleagues outside on a balcony, and sarcastically compliments the senior officers as wise. When Falco overtakes Gabi in a footrace, and Colt expresses that Gabi's superior ranking will not change, Galliard calls the selection criteria vague. Zeke's statement to Colt, that it is only natural for a big brother to not want Falco to become a Warrior, resonates within Galliard who stays silent following the remark. Galliard, along with the other Warriors, are instructed to take a seat before Willy Tybur's speech as ambassadors to Marley.
After taking their seat, a Marley soldier informs the Warriors that Magath wants to speak with them. After sending Zeke off, the soldier leads Galliard and Pieck to an empty room. Confused, Galliard asks where Magath is, only for the soldier to cut a nearby rope, opening a trap door underneath the two.
Galliard and Pieck fall onto a bed of straw, fracturing their bones in the process. Pieck identifies the hole as an old-fashioned Warrior confinement area, and they note the lack of space to transform. Galliard wonders about the soldier's plan, Pieck answering that she is not sure, but recognizes the soldier from somewhere.
The captive Warriors begin to feel tremors inside the confinement trap. This allows Pieck to deduce that Titans are battling outside, giving reason to why they were captured. As Galliard begins questioning how to escape, the Panzer Unit comes to their rescue. Pieck explains that she had taken security measures because of the suspicious feeling she had gotten from their supposed escort. The unit then sends down a rope, which the Warriors use to climb up and out of the pit fall.
The rescuers inform them about the Attack Titan's sudden appearance, and how the War Hammer Titan is currently engaging it in battle. Whilst Pieck briefs her troops, Galliard prepares to go and join the fray, though she asks him to stop and observe the situation for a while. Galliard is then shocked to see a group of soldiers dart over them using anti-personnel vertical maneuvering equipment, having never seen it used before.
Galliard eventually separates from Pieck and, after transforming into his Jaw Titan, joins the battle. He sneaks up on Eren Yeager's Attack Titan from behind and leaps onto its nape, distracting him and ultimately saving Ms. Tybur from getting consumed. Galliard then bites down into the neck of the Attack Titan, remarking that he has always waited for the moment he could retake the Founder back for Marley. When he is unable to bite through, he is left confused, unaware that a soldier had slashed the muscles on the left side of his Titan's face. The Attack Titan then smashes Galliard on a building behind them, and as he sees the soldier maneuvering around, he fearfully realizes that it is an Ackerman.
Acknowledging the danger he is now in, Galliard tries to escape after chipping away at the Attack Titan's arm but is quickly struck with a Thunder Spear; this brings him crashing into the ground. Galliard is soon surrounded by numerous Survey Corps soldiers. He is bewildered that a bunch of humans have been able to stun him while in his Titan form and are trying to kill him; he then realizes the soldiers attacking him are the devils of Paradis. Pieck's Cart Titan then arrives in time with the Panzer Unit, killing several enemy soldiers with its machine guns, much to Galliard's surprise. As the Beast Titan also joins the battlefield, Galliard and Pieck stand by its side, facing the rest of the Survey Corps.
As an enemy soldier flies above the Cart Titan ready to strike, Galliard leaps up in the air and flings the soldier away, to Pieck's relief. He partially emerges from his Titan and warns Pieck of the Ackerman, as they had lost sight of him.
He listens as Pieck assesses the situation, and he states if they could get the Founding Titan, the enemy would lose the ace up their sleeves. They are interrupted by a sudden massive explosion at the harbor. Realizing it is the Colossus Titan's transformation, Galliard thinks to himself that he knew they had to have a plan, and once again charges at Eren Yeager, remarking that the enemy's plans would be ruined if he gets rid of him. Seeing the other Ackerman in the way, Galliard lunges at her, as she readies her blades to engage him.
As an Eldian Warrior, Galliard has undergone advanced military training in order to prepare him to use the Titan power. He is in very good shape and his overall abilities are strong enough to make him an Eldian Warrior.顎の巨人 Agito no Kyojin?).
- Jaw: Galliard's most prominent feature and the one that gives him his Titan's namesake, Galliard's mouth is specifically made to bite very durable materials. He has two sets of teeth: the first one is an exterior set of hardened teeth instead of lips. The second set is located inside the mouth, and it is a series of pointy teeth with hollow spaces between each individual teeth. This formidable weapon is efficient enough to bite railways off the ground without harming his own mouth.
- Speed: Galliard has shown an outstanding level of speed and agility, even for a Titan. He can cover great distances while jumping, both when he is on the offensive or escaping from incoming attacks. He is so fast that, even in his Titan form, he is able to make surprise attacks that the enemy are not able to predict, for instance, when he eliminated the soldiers in Fort Slava who were attacking Reiner without them noticing at time.
- Regeneration: Just like all others with the power of the Titans, Galliard has the ability to regenerate any injuries he may suffer. During the battle of Fort Slava, Galliard is shot several times in his Titan form. However, by the time Reiner arrives on the battlefield, the bullet injuries in his face and shoulder appear healed.
- Marcel Galliard - Porco cared greatly for his brother Marcel and developed a hatred for Reiner Braun after learning of Marcel's sacrifice for his sake. He saw his brother as a reliable and trustworthy individual, traits which he also saw Reiner mimicking within Ymir's memories. Despite this, Porco is currently unaware that Marcel had tried to prevent him from being selected as a Titan shifter in order for him to have a chance at a long life.
- Reiner Braun - As children, Galliard would usually target Reiner and fight him for being a useless soldier with no special talent. Following the ceremony of the Warriors being selected to inherit the power of the Titans in possession of Marley, Galliard was angered that he was passed over in favor of Reiner to receive the Armored Titan, serving to only increase his dislike of the latter. After Reiner's return to Marley after the Paradis Island Operation, Galliard expressed a strong hatred for his fellow Warrior, blaming him for the death of his brother Marcel. He considers Reiner to be cowardly and incompetent, relying on those around him to save him from deadly situations. Galliard also accuses Reiner of basing his "soldier" persona off of Marcel, further increasing his animosity towards his fellow Warrior.
- Pieck - Galliard appears to be very close friends with Pieck. The two Warriors grew especially close during the Marley Mid-East War, frequently fighting by each other's side in several battles including the battle of Fort Slava at the end of the war. Pieck occasionally refers to him by the affectionate nickname "Pock" (ポッコ Pokko?), though this name seems to irritate him.
- Ymir (as a mindless Titan)
- At least 5 unnamed Mid-East Allied Forces soldiers
- One Survey Corps soldier
- Porco is an Italian word that translates to "pig" or "filthy".
- Furthermore, the Japanese spelling of his nickname (Pokko) translates as "small" in Sicilian accent.