Fandom

Shingeki no Kyojin Wiki

Will Ymir and Historia ever get together?

  • After reading the latest chapter, surely some of you wonder if the day will come where Ymir will return to Historia?

    Anyone?

      Loading editor
    • No, Ymir's dead already...

        Loading editor
    • Not too long ago, Isayama teased that the key to completely understanding the manga series lies with Ymir, and she will lead the story to ultimate conclusion. That tells me she's far too important to just kill off at least for now.

        Loading editor
    • I figured as much, since her status is still listed as "unknown". I have to believe that Ymir will return.

        Loading editor
    • I am sorry this manga is a blackhole of saddness and grief, Ymir is probably dead so there have some funny Yumikuri to alleviate your pain...

      Head over Converse

      and the best SNK fanfic I ever read with about everyone...no Ereri...

      Tower of Babel

        Loading editor
    • Eradicate Us wrote:
      Not too long ago, Isayama teased that the key to completely understanding the manga series lies with Ymir, and she will lead the story to ultimate conclusion. That tells me she's far too important to just kill off at least for now.

      But she was just some random girl who was named ymir by a crazy church and turned into a titan, I hope she was fed to the Quad Titan

        Loading editor
    • Ethan Harmicar123 wrote:

      Eradicate Us wrote:
      Not too long ago, Isayama teased that the key to completely understanding the manga series lies with Ymir, and she will lead the story to ultimate conclusion. That tells me she's far too important to just kill off at least for now.

      But she was just some random girl who was named ymir by a crazy church and turned into a titan, I hope she was fed to the Quad Titan

      I'm gonna have to hope against your hope that that happened because I really want to see her again.

        Loading editor
    • Ethan Harmicar123 wrote:
      Eradicate Us wrote:
      Not too long ago, Isayama teased that the key to completely understanding the manga series lies with Ymir, and she will lead the story to ultimate conclusion. That tells me she's far too important to just kill off at least for now.
      But she was just some random girl who was named ymir by a crazy church and turned into a titan, I hope she was fed to the Quad Titan

      Well... I personally disliked Ymir's attitude myself, but it's not like she murdered anyone or anything, and I don't necessarily want her to die. If anything, I'd like to see some significant character development in her. It would also be cool if she ended up even being included among the current titan shifters to be saved from the death sentence that comes with being a titan shifter if/once Zeke makes the ultimate sacrifice like I could see playing out.

      Yes, she was just some random girl who got named after some pioneer, but Isayama's words about her are still intact. And at the time he said that, there was only one Ymir we knew, so logically, the Ymir of today is the one he would have to be referring to.

        Loading editor
    • Eradicate Us wrote:
      Ethan Harmicar123 wrote:
      Eradicate Us wrote:
      Not too long ago, Isayama teased that the key to completely understanding the manga series lies with Ymir, and she will lead the story to ultimate conclusion. That tells me she's far too important to just kill off at least for now.
      But she was just some random girl who was named ymir by a crazy church and turned into a titan, I hope she was fed to the Quad Titan
      Well... I personally disliked Ymir's attitude myself, but it's not like she murdered anyone or anything, and I don't necessarily want her to die. If anything, I'd like to see some significant character development in her. It would also be cool if she ended up even being included among the current titan shifters to be saved from the death sentence that comes with being a titan shifter if/once Zeke makes the ultimate sacrifice like I could see playing out.

      Yes, she was just some random girl who got named after some pioneer, but Isayama's words about her are still intact. And at the time he said that, there was only one Ymir we knew, so logically, the Ymir of today is the one he would have to be referring to.

      What can you see her doing with that ugly 5 meter titan?

        Loading editor
    • Ethan Harmicar123 wrote: What can you see her doing with that ugly 5 meter titan?

      I don't think it will necessarily be just her power that leads the story to ultimate conclusion, but rather her knowledge and experience. Plus, there could be a chain reaction because of her that also helps lead to it. I think Eren and Zeke together will hold the final key to the story, though, since Zeke is the one with royal blood and the big half brother of Eren who holds the Progenitor Titan.

        Loading editor
    • Honestly, sometimes size doesn't matter half the time. It would for the Colossal Titan, but if you can use your lesser size to your advantage against a larger adversary, your chances of prevailing increase.

      Maybe Ymir's advantage won't just be her size, but whatever ability she got from devouring Marcel.

        Loading editor
    • I think Ymir and Historia either have a deep friendship with Ymir loving Historia one sidedly but I think Ymir and Historia are pretty much canon couple. I think their love is pretty much there so even if Ymir is dead or alive doesn't matter (though, I do think she is alive) because their love was obviously real. It is infuriating that we don't see much of it though. Personally, I think Ymir and Historia have a more positive and developing relationship than Mikasa and Eren. I actually don't like Mikasa ending up with Eren. I don't think it would be benefit both of them if they actually begin a relationship. Ymir and Historia - not the same. They can definitely end up together. The fact that Historia helps people like herself and Ymir also proves that.

        Loading editor
    • NephilimGear wrote: I think Ymir and Historia either have a deep friendship with Ymir loving Historia one sidedly but I think Ymir and Historia are pretty much canon couple. I think their love is pretty much there so even if Ymir is dead or alive doesn't matter (though, I do think she is alive) because their love was obviously real. It is infuriating that we don't see much of it though. Personally, I think Ymir and Historia have a more positive and developing relationship than Mikasa and Eren. I actually don't like Mikasa ending up with Eren. I don't think it would be benefit both of them if they actually begin a relationship. Ymir and Historia - not the same. They can definitely end up together. The fact that Historia helps people like herself and Ymir also proves that.

      Thanks for your opinion, fan.

        Loading editor
    • Aggression25 wrote:

      NephilimGear wrote: I think Ymir and Historia either have a deep friendship with Ymir loving Historia one sidedly but I think Ymir and Historia are pretty much canon couple. I think their love is pretty much there so even if Ymir is dead or alive doesn't matter (though, I do think she is alive) because their love was obviously real. It is infuriating that we don't see much of it though. Personally, I think Ymir and Historia have a more positive and developing relationship than Mikasa and Eren. I actually don't like Mikasa ending up with Eren. I don't think it would be benefit both of them if they actually begin a relationship. Ymir and Historia - not the same. They can definitely end up together. The fact that Historia helps people like herself and Ymir also proves that.

      Thanks for your opinion, fan.

      NP. Personally, I don't know if Ymir should or would end up with Historia. But as I said there is much reservoire of a relationship there than well with Eren and Mikasa. Yeah, Mikasa loves Eren and values him and all of that but there is a problem in that her life is so much consumed with Eren's safety that maybe she might not understand what he really needs and he would not be able to understand what she needs. There is always a possibility of that happening. Their relationship also undermines the strength and resolve that Mikasa gives Eren. Like yes Eren taught Mikasa the so-called meaning of her life but it is also true that Eren treaded on this path because Mikasa was his impetus and she also saved him countless times. With Ymir and Historia you can actually see that Ymir knows the value Historia has for her and Historia knows the value that Ymir has for her. It isn't well pushed down by pride or ego (*cough* Eren *cough*). Even when they had kept secrets from the other it wasn't to be well hurtful rather by ommitting aspects of themselves they just wanted to help the other not know the truth. Can you imagine the mental torment Ymir would have faced knowing she knew Historia all along? But yes, I like Historia because even after all her abuse she actually became a good person. Completely anhiliating Armin's belief that we become the monsters we fight. Eren also proved this when he spared Annie. Because I think Armin and Eren both actually like Annie. Now Annie and Eren could actually be a nice couple. 

        Loading editor
    • I'm sorry, but Eren was meant for Mikasa. Armin is eye candy for girls like Sasha, etc. Annie is likely for Reiner.

        Loading editor
    • Aggression25 wrote:
      I'm sorry, but Eren was meant for Mikasa. Armin is eye candy for girls like Sasha, etc. Annie is likely for Reiner.

      Sasha is kinda already with Connie. When you say Eren was meant for Mikasa I do disagree. They don't have a well developed relationship. Mikasa usually looks out for him and he sometimes get mad at that. Also, I have seen better drawn out relationships in anime than Eren and Mikasa. Yeah, he does care for her but he seems immature about it. Also, their conversations don't usually go anywhere aside Mikasa panicking that Eren will die or worse leave her behind. These kinds of relationships don't usually work. I am not saying it won't be canon. Many boring relationships are canon.  But, the fact is Mikasa overestimates Eren and Eren underappreciates Mikasa. That is pretty drawn out in the anime. It's like Mikasa is forgetting that she too helps Eren a lot. Yes, he did save her from the traffickers and she herself saved him when he was caught. But, their relationship is not really healthy. Unless, Eren and Mikasa change a bit they can't have a relationship. It would have been nice if Eren did end up with someone else. I don't mind Mikasa and Jean too. 

        Loading editor
    • I dont think Isayama would kill a character off screen like that, Ymir has been an important (ish) character the story, and I think because of that she has a little bit of plot armor left. For the Eren / Mikasa thing some of you were talking about, you're blind if you dont think Mikasa doesnt romantically love Eren. Its probably one sided, but Its painfully obvious, its as obvious as Jean having a crush on Mikasa. I dont think Ymir and Historia will ever meet again, but I do hope Ymir is alive. There are around 30 chapters left, so there isnt a ton of time for a reunion with all the advancing plot. And I really dont think the queen of the walls will be getting anywhere near Marley (where Ymir is) and Marley wouldnt just let Ymir join their Paradis Attack Force, because Ymir would obviously just join Eren and the gang to be with Historia and ditch the Marley team. So pretty much, I personally dont think Historia or Ymir will ever meet again, I think that the letter was a good signing off for the two. 

        Loading editor
    • Popkern wrote:
      I dont think Isayama would kill a character off screen like that, Ymir has been an important (ish) character the story, and I think because of that she has a little bit of plot armor left. For the Eren / Mikasa thing some of you were talking about, you're blind if you dont think Mikasa doesnt romantically love Eren. Its probably one sided, but Its painfully obvious, its as obvious as Jean having a crush on Mikasa. I dont think Ymir and Historia will ever meet again, but I do hope Ymir is alive. There are around 30 chapters left, so there isnt a ton of time for a reunion with all the advancing plot. And I really dont think the queen of the walls will be getting anywhere near Marley (where Ymir is) and Marley wouldnt just let Ymir join their Paradis Attack Force, because Ymir would obviously just join Eren and the gang to be with Historia and ditch the Marley team. So pretty much, I personally dont think Historia or Ymir will ever meet again, I think that the letter was a good signing off for the two. 

      There is a chance that Ymir and Historia would end up together in the end. I think I like that their love started small, wasn't really seemingly "goals" but is so important in the series and how they always have a dialogue between each other. Even if it remains friendship there is so much there that has already exceeded a normal friendship and gone into being romantic love. 

      I never said that Mikasa didn't love Eren. How she loves him is problematic. Mikasa loves Eren mostly as family and someone in a way she is indebted to. But, in a way it interferes with her life and Eren's life and doesn't help both of them. Yes, I find it extremely one sided. And, I prefer Eren ending up with someone who will know his flaws and help him grow up and even Mikasa the same things - love isn't always about accepting everyting as they come if they can work towards something else which is something I found in Ymir and Historia's relationship. Eren needs someone who can help him figure out life and give him something to come back and he can help them come back to something that doesn't always involve war or fighting. And at the moment Mikasa doesn't offer that neither does Eren offer anything to her. Yes, they are great allies and friends and there is a chance this relationship will become canon but it is just traditional shounen stuff. If this show was seinen or Josei then Mikasa and Eren wouldn't be endgame. Not as they are. That's for sure. 

        Loading editor
    • she'll be back, but historia will be dead by that time. and Ymir won't return to The walls, but the survey corps would meet her in marley

        Loading editor
    • historia is probably dead, she may have chosen to sacrifice herself for giving eren the true power of the progenitor

        Loading editor
    • Arshpar wrote:
      historia is probably dead, she may have chosen to sacrifice herself for giving eren the true power of the progenitor

      You haven't read that part of the manga yet so I am not gonna spoil it for you. So, just brush up on it if you haven't =)

        Loading editor
    • To be honest, I just think that the timing couldn't be worse. It's not that Mikasa and Eren aren't meant for each other it's just that the world they live in stops that from becoming reality. Eren is simply focused on exterminating Titans he has no room in his thoughts for romance. It's not even official that Mikasa loves Eren it is only implied by the many times she has blushed because of him. When all the fighting stops and peace is restored may be you will see a different Eren, one who may be open to more feelings then just hate and a sense of protection. Mikasa probably understands this and so may not actually come out and say that she is in love with him at the moment.

        Loading editor
    • Junior0124 wrote:
      To be honest, I just think that the timing couldn't be worse. It's not that Mikasa and Eren aren't meant for each other it's just that the world they live in stops that from becoming reality. Eren is simply focused on exterminating Titans he has no room in his thoughts for romance. It's not even official that Mikasa loves Eren it is only implied by the many times she has blushed because of him. When all the fighting stops and peace is restored may be you will see a different Eren, one who may be open to more feelings then just hate and a sense of protection. Mikasa probably understands this and so may not actually come out and say that she is in love with him at the moment.

      I actually diasagree. It is because of these very reasons and more that they don't make a good couple. Yes, I am glad Mikasa understands Eren's wishes but they are also pretty selfish. He should understand that Mikasa is pretty much always with him and Armin and has helped them in so many ways. I don't think Eren and Mikasa can dish it out after everything if they can't completely now. Eren can die at any moment. Eren can see Mikasa die at any moment. Eren also needs someone to help him with his feelings which Mikasa doesn't do. He needs someone he can get critiques from for better or worse. Someone who can live with him in the future. I found it endearing that Mikasa use to help him in fights when he was a kid but he use to many a times resent her for it which I particularly find immature. It's like I know she is a girl but she did help you. Learn to know when someone has helped you and be appreciative that she can fight with you and alongside you. Also, I find it troubling that a person like Mikasa is shown to just go along the flow. That's bullcrap because even Armin has his own agendas and directions so why the hell can't Mikasa also have her own intiatives. It seems all she wants is to things to return to normal so she can live alongside Eren. But Eren is not thinking like that at all. Eren, as you mentioned, is too much of a person who is bravado filled and can't comprehend some basic things. Yeah, they may just become canon because that's pretty generic and this is shounen. If this was seinen Eren and Mikasa would never be a couple. In fact, it may have had Eren end up with Annie or someone new. However, what would be tragic if Eren did love Mikasa a bit and she dies and he ends up with someone else and we can see it's still painful of him thinking of Mikasa. I don't want that. It would actually be cool if Jean and Mikasa end up together. It would be nice because it will be different and actually understandable because Jean understands some things about being with someone that Eren hasn't picked up yet. Also, I think he will travel the world after the series end and he is alive. So, I wonder if Mikasa would join the ride or he would actually end up going with someone else. Annie probably. But then again, maybe it would be Eren and Mikasa (sigh). 

        Loading editor
    • Your right Mikasa is a strong enough person even more so to think on her own, but she has made up her mind that she wants to be with Eren, there's no one else she wants to be with more. That is her wish. Eren was a child when Mikasa kept helping him of course he'll act childish, it would have been nice for him to be appreciative maybe deep down he actually is, but he wants to be independent and strong. Eren is learning he's becoming more and more mature as the story progresses. And it's also true Mikasa doesn't help Eren with his feelings in fact she makes him feel depressed because he envies her strength.

      Plus Eren has only has 4 years to live after the time skip, I wonder how his death could impact Mikasa. Jean just loves her cause she's exotic XD! I'm surprised no one else sees her that way too maybe it's cause of her superhuman strength that makes her scary. I'm not sure about any other relationships in the manga but Ymir and Historia are apparently a couple.

        Loading editor
    • Junior0124 wrote:
      Your right Mikasa is a strong enough person even more so to think on her own, but she has made up her mind that she wants to be with Eren, there's no one else she wants to be with more. That is her wish. Eren was a child when Mikasa kept helping him of course he'll act childish, it would have been nice for him to be appreciative maybe deep down he actually is, but he wants to be independent and strong. Eren is learning he's becoming more and more mature as the story progresses. And it's also true Mikasa doesn't help Eren with his feelings in fact she makes him feel depressed because he envies her strength.

      Plus Eren has only has 4 years to live after the time skip, I wonder how his death could impact Mikasa. Jean just loves her cause she's exotic XD! I'm surprised no one else sees her that way too maybe it's cause of her superhuman strength that makes her scary. I'm not sure about any other relationships in the manga but Ymir and Historia are apparently a couple.

      I actually don't think Mikasa has made up her mind like that. It's just the mangaka didn't give her a direction. Trust me if Mikasa was a guy no one would talk about her this way. There is no reason why Mikasa would wanna be with Eren more aside oh yeah he helped me that time. That's all Eren has going for him. Also, I don't think Jean liked her only for her looking exotic. I think he did think she is beautiful but also came to appreciate her. It is actually unrealistic that Mikasa will not have her own goals aside Eren. People, especially women, are not like that. Even if she has resolve to be with Eren and support him anyone like her would have their own goals too. That's more realtistic and would help Eren and her bond her and maybe I could see them as a credible romantic couple. Also, I think Ymir and Historia are canon but well on Ymir's side the love is there but Historia may take time to reciprocate those feelings. 

      Being appreciative doesn't relegate his need for independence rather knowing your allies and friends increases your propensity to be independent as you know you can also rely on these people and learn from them when you have to. Mikasa isn't suoperhuman though. She is a girl who is used to hard labour and any woman or man who does those things will eventually will become strong like her. Mikasa is a genius who is wasted on the show. She is a representation of what is wrong in shounen manga at times. That they want a strong willed girl but just be the girlfriend with no direction of their own. This less common in shoujo but also there where the guy becomes weirdly stalkerish like he has no life aside this one girl :/ Either ways it's disrespectful and dissing in a way. Mikasa "wish" to be with Eren is just the mangaka not knowing what to with a strong female protag. It happens. It happend to Korra in Legend of Korra and it can happen to Mikasa. Why is Annie more with motives than Mikasa? That is what taxes and vexes me. You know even Winry has her own arcs in Full Metal Alchemist and so does Riza Hawkeye and she works for Roy Mustang and said to him she would follow him to hell if need be. But Roy appreciates Riza with all his heart. He even once used chess strategy and called her "his queen" basically saying she is the powerful piece in their chessboard. So, yeah, there are problems in AOT and I know some of it is because this is a shounen genre manga and shounen and shoujo sometimes has complications. 

      How long is the timeskip though? can't wait to see the redesigns =)

        Loading editor
    • I don't know I mean Eren did save her life so she may feel indebted to him. In a cruel world that made her witness her parents death, when those bandits or whatever had kidnapped her she had basically given up on life. But there was Eren to save her and give her the will to keep on living. I'm not surprised why she'd want to stay with him especially if she developed romantic feelings for him. But we can't argue on the fact that Mikasa wants to be with Eren I mean she almost gave up on life again when he had apparently "died". I think I'm just one of those guys who always falls into the trap of being on the protagonists side XD. But you are absolutely right, Mikasa's character lacks substance there's not enough development behind her. I think that her background story should have been a bit more gruesome, no offence to her parents dying but it was kind of basic, cliche we've all seen it somewhere before. Yeah Eren saved her but it doesn't equate to the kind of devotion she gives him.

      It's really cool how AOT portrays Eren because most mangas develop their protagonists to being strong and independent towards the end, like they all get stronger or are already strong but Eren isn't like that he still has insecurities, he still feels weak and incapable of doing things himself. It's different which is good. Levi is the strongest man and Erens not the only Titan shifter, but he is the trump card with the coordinate so he's got that going for him at least XD.

      Yh Jean does appreciate her he realises just how strong she is, and to be honest I'm actually surprised Jean is still alive I thought he'd be one to die at the beginning because he was so pessimistic at first. But maybe you are expecting too much of Mikasa. She is a woman yes and she can have desires but in the world that they live in that desire is limited. It is mostly males in AOT that have the curiosity to actually want to venture outside the walls. Yes there are females in the survey corps but they aren't spearheads of the movement they are foot soldiers (well assuming Hange isn't female). It was because of Armin that Eren found out about the outside world and wanted to explore it, Mikasa wasn't there at the time when Armin showed Eren the book. Mikasa was probably brought up just to be a normal household woman.

      But I think they just put Mikasa in there and made her strong just to satisfy female watchers who knows. And the time skip is four years I think as Eren is 15 when he graduates from the cadet corps and 19 after the time skip.

      Oh yeah and Mikasa is an Ackerman.

        Loading editor
    • Erdagon
      Erdagon removed this reply because:
      I don't want to interfere with the stuff they brought up now, not yet
      12:52, April 4, 2017
      This reply has been removed
    • Junior0124 wrote:
      I don't know I mean Eren did save her life so she may feel indebted to him. In a cruel world that made her witness her parents death, when those bandits or whatever had kidnapped her she had basically given up on life. But there was Eren to save her and give her the will to keep on living. I'm not surprised why she'd want to stay with him especially if she developed romantic feelings for him. But we can't argue on the fact that Mikasa wants to be with Eren I mean she almost gave up on life again when he had apparently "died". I think I'm just one of those guys who always falls into the trap of being on the protagonists side XD. But you are absolutely right, Mikasa's character lacks substance there's not enough development behind her. I think that her background story should have been a bit more gruesome, no offence to her parents dying but it was kind of basic, cliche we've all seen it somewhere before. Yeah Eren saved her but it doesn't equate to the kind of devotion she gives him.

      It's really cool how AOT portrays Eren because most mangas develop their protagonists to being strong and independent towards the end, like they all get stronger or are already strong but Eren isn't like that he still has insecurities, he still feels weak and incapable of doing things himself. It's different which is good. Levi is the strongest man and Erens not the only Titan shifter, but he is the trump card with the coordinate so he's got that going for him at least XD.

      Yh Jean does appreciate her he realises just how strong she is, and to be honest I'm actually surprised Jean is still alive I thought he'd be one to die at the beginning because he was so pessimistic at first. But maybe you are expecting too much of Mikasa. She is a woman yes and she can have desires but in the world that they live in that desire is limited. It is mostly males in AOT that have the curiosity to actually want to venture outside the walls. Yes there are females in the survey corps but they aren't spearheads of the movement they are foot soldiers (well assuming Hange isn't female). It was because of Armin that Eren found out about the outside world and wanted to explore it, Mikasa wasn't there at the time when Armin showed Eren the book. Mikasa was probably brought up just to be a normal household woman.

      But I think they just put Mikasa in there and made her strong just to satisfy female watchers who knows. And the time skip is four years I think as Eren is 15 when he graduates from the cadet corps and 19 after the time skip.

      Oh yeah and Mikasa is an Ackerman.

      Dude, the males in AOT have the curiosity not because of gender. It is a shounen manga. In shounen manga one bad thing is that usually only some key guys, not all guys, have curiosity or power or whatever. I don't think it matters what Mikasa was brought up with because she defied all of that already being number one in her class. And I think you are forgetting Ilse's research spearheaded Hange's. And that the death of one of his female friends made Levi the way he is today. I don't think desires are ever as limited even if our realities are limited. Even if Mikasa was being a household person she would be more be critical of Eren like his mom as Eren is very bad husband material as he is. 

      I do think Mikasa is an interesting character especially the trauma she faced. Yup. It is cliche how "indebted" she feels that Eren helped her but if she actually showed agency herself - like she did when Eren was thought dead and she actually said I will go on - she can actually be REALLY awesome. In fact, she is awesome already. The bad fact is they are underutilising her awesome and this wouldn't have happened if Mikasa was male. In fact, if Mikasa was a male character she would probably have some antithetical goals than Eren and that would make the plot and even their characters' development great. Oh yeah I know Mikasa and Levi are related. 

      Also, Eren is typical shounen main lead. Male leads in shounen either start out weak as anything or OP Strong. The former makes them have some "unrivaled power" that makes them useful. Eren has all the qualities of a typical shounen hero - hot tempered and impassionate, oblivious to other people than himself, actually kinda mean to the people who help him, borderline or full on maschismo with none of the "good" and most of the bad associated with it including emotional and mental repression and regressiveness, whining when things don't work out his way or the world is actually not the binary he thought it would be. Yeah, I guess you just like Eren too much. I do like him but I can see in him a need for growing up and being with someone who champions his qualities and also critiques his flaws. 

      I am not making grand expectations. Even in war, especially in war, people wanna do things or know things. Mikasa is not humanised as enough as she should be. It is actually unfair and wrong. That Armin can get scared, Eren can get angry but Mikasa is most times a blank, impassive person that only panics if Eren will die or not. That is not how people work. Anime sometimes distorts even good things about real life humans. Mikasa having arcs of her own would actually make Eren x Mikasa a good canon ship if it were ever to be well written. Even if Mikasa or Eren didn't choose each other they would have the friendship that makes sense. Jean is actually Isayama's favourite character because I think he is pretty real and I respect that. Jean does a lot too. I think he is just what a regular guy would feel living in the world like that. I can't blame him.

      Also, Mikasa also saved Eren that time with the traffickers too. So, yeah her "devotion" to him is a fiction. Many people thank the person and also hold them endearing who did that. But, they also grow in mental and physical strength afterwards. Also, in their world I don't think people even if they want can make a gender divide as concrete as they wanna. Women enlist in military all the time because they need as many able bodied soldiers. Even if people do household chores and all of that I think it's just a given you gotta be active to make money and stay alive. 

      It would have made sense if Mikasa had more initiatives and Eren and she had supported each other and had conflicts with each other it would make sense why their friendship was so strong and even their relationshio later on. Also, it is unreal that Grisha Jaegar can get mad over Eldian mistreatment by Marleyans but Mikasa won't hold any grudges against the government for hurting her own people. That is where I know maybe the mangaka hadn't thought of Mikasa as he should. If he hasn't it is bad writing on his part. We shouldn't introduce characters of any sex/gender/orientation without giving them meaning or purpose because Mikasa is already more than a caricature. She is strong, physically fit and pretty intelligent and a great battle tactician. I wouldn't be surprised if Zeke actually thought that she would be a good person to inherit Beast Titan and become new warchief of the Eldian people in Marley as she and Zeke have some skill similiarities. 

      I like characters to have many dimensions. Especially, in animes with so much human commentary as AOT. It seems pretty useless otherwise. If Mikasa had been the main character of AOT it might have been a different story and already interesting as she is alaos of Asiatic origin. She may have desire Titans to go outside of the walls but also to know if they killed her people and that story would have been kinda original as well. Eren's story of wanting revenge is common. Mikasa knowing if she is the last of a race because of Titan fueled genocide would be more original. 

        Loading editor
    • NephilimGear wrote:

      Aggression25 wrote:
      I'm sorry, but Eren was meant for Mikasa. Armin is eye candy for girls like Sasha, etc. Annie is likely for Reiner.

      Sasha is kinda already with Connie. When you say Eren was meant for Mikasa I do disagree. They don't have a well developed relationship. Mikasa usually looks out for him and he sometimes get mad at that. Also, I have seen better drawn out relationships in anime than Eren and Mikasa. Yeah, he does care for her but he seems immature about it. Also, their conversations don't usually go anywhere aside Mikasa panicking that Eren will die or worse leave her behind. These kinds of relationships don't usually work. I am not saying it won't be canon. Many boring relationships are canon.  But, the fact is Mikasa overestimates Eren and Eren underappreciates Mikasa. That is pretty drawn out in the anime. It's like Mikasa is forgetting that she too helps Eren a lot. Yes, he did save her from the traffickers and she herself saved him when he was caught. But, their relationship is not really healthy. Unless, Eren and Mikasa change a bit they can't have a relationship. It would have been nice if Eren did end up with someone else. I don't mind Mikasa and Jean too. 

      I said Armin was eye candy for girls like Sasha. I didn't actually mean they were an item.

        Loading editor
    • NephilimGear wrote:Eren's story of wanting revenge is common. Mikasa knowing if she is the last of a race because of Titan fueled genocide would be more original. 

      ...Uchiha clan massacre...

      ...Sasuke?

      ...Kurapika?

      Ring any bells?

      I say even that kind of story got quite common.

      About the ships realisticaly speaking:

      Mikasa\Eren but since he knows he has a short life I can see Eren pushing Mikasa away so it might end with Mikasa\Jean.

      I can see Annie spending her last moments with Reiner if she gets the chance (make them at least die together Isayama come on!)

      Armin will end up like Edwin never settling down to serve humanity.

      Connie\Sasha I don't need to explain that one even fishes got their chemestry together.

      I doubt Hanji\Levi would ever get closer then they already have.

      Christa\Ymir is at least a canon platonic love if not more.

        Loading editor
    • NephilimGear wrote:
      Arshpar wrote:
      historia is probably dead, she may have chosen to sacrifice herself for giving eren the true power of the progenitor
      You haven't read that part of the manga yet so I am not gonna spoil it for you. So, just brush up on it if you haven't =)

      what do u mean by that? im pretty sure i've read all 91 chapters

        Loading editor
    • CommonSwift wrote:
      NephilimGear wrote:Eren's story of wanting revenge is common. Mikasa knowing if she is the last of a race because of Titan fueled genocide would be more original. 
      ...Uchiha clan massacre...

      ...Sasuke?

      ...Kurapika?

      Ring any bells?

      I say even that kind of story got quite common.

      About the ships realisticaly speaking:

      Mikasa\Eren but since he knows he has a short life I can see Eren pushing Mikasa away so it might end with Mikasa\Jean.

      I can see Annie spending her last moments with Reiner if she gets the chance (make them at least die together Isayama come on!)

      Armin will end up like Edwin never settling down to serve humanity.

      Connie\Sasha I don't need to explain that one even fishes got their chemestry together.

      I doubt Hanji\Levi would ever get closer then they already have.

      Christa\Ymir is at least a canon platonic love if not more.

      It would be original in the context of Titans. I can even cite Vegeta but here is the thing. Sasuke is deemed as a antagonist and so is Vegeta for most part of Naruto and Dragon Ball. But, Mikasa wouldn't be because she would a protagonist and because she actually also wants to help Eldians but get back the equality of her people as well. 

      I think it is original in how you handle things. Sasuke and Eren's story is more common because of the fiery, impassioned people they are than with Mikasa's clinical and lay it low approach. So, yeah, maybe bells would ring but they would chime differently. 

      Mikasa and Jean is better in the sense that neither is too obsessed with the other. 

      Hanji and Levi may be nice. Though it would be nice to see Levi and someone else. Regardless of what gender or sex Hanje is or if they are nonbinary it would be awesome to have them as a pair. 

      Armin has become the new Colosseus Titan. I think he will now change a lot of what he thinks. because he has literally become the monster he was fighting. Good twist on Isayama's part. Maybe this would once again make him think logically. 

      Reiner and Annie really don't have much interactions with one another. Yeah, he cherishes her and fought Zeke on her behalf but Reiner is pretty loyal and all of that. Annie has more interactions with Eren and if they end up together it would be better. Annie and Eren have a similar fire to defy the world even if they were on opposite sides. 

        Loading editor
    • Arshpar wrote:
      NephilimGear wrote:
      Arshpar wrote:
      historia is probably dead, she may have chosen to sacrifice herself for giving eren the true power of the progenitor
      You haven't read that part of the manga yet so I am not gonna spoil it for you. So, just brush up on it if you haven't =)
      what do u mean by that? im pretty sure i've read all 91 chapters

      Oh you are talking about the timeskip. I hope Eren doesn't eat Historia. She has come this far and accomplished so much. It would be like a big FU to her and her progress if she dies now. But that may be a possibility. 

        Loading editor
    • You guys have forgotten about Bertholtd he was the one who was in love with Annie, but he died before he could tell her. Reiner indirectly states this in the manga.

      It wasn't just the death of Levi's female friend it was both her and the other guy who died as well. Let's not forget Eren is just like how his father was when Grisha was a child. Grisha then grew up to be quite a poor man because of his beliefs and you can see Eren going down the same path at the beginning but he has begun to move away from that. Since Mikasa is an Ackerman its not surprising that she finished top in her class but that's not how I meant it. I meant that because she's an Ackerman it may explain why her devotion to Eren is strong - it's in her blood. The Ackermans were people who could not be affected by the coordinates memory wipe ability and so they were given an ultimatum: die or serve the Royal Family and ever since then the Ackermans have kinda been the royal family's personal bodyguards. Maybe that's how Mikasa is like with Eren, I know he's not royalty but Mikasas's ancestors are used to protecting so maybe it's like second nature to her.

      I really don't know about Mikasa anymore, your points are really strong and I can see your frustration at her lack of individuality. But I guess you can't always expect things from everyone, the way Mikasa's character is made she has no other desires than to be with Eren. If Eren didn't join the survey corps, she wouldn't have either. Everyone is different and I really think it's because of Mikasa's upbringing that she acts the way she is. She isn't inspired by anything other than Eren. It's sad as she really could have been an amazing character given more of the spotlight, but we just have to accept the role Isayama has given her.

      Grisha developed hate for Marley because they killed his sister and then they lied about it to his father. If that never happened Grisha wouldn't have developed his hatred. No such thing happened to Mikasa, and like I said before there's a possibility that she might not know about her race's genocide. Maybe she does because early in the manga and even 1st season of the anime she mentions a few times that the world is cruel so who knows.

      How does Mikasa and Zeke have similar skills? Mikasa is a dual-blade wielding badass and Zeke is an ape who throws stuff XD!!! The beast Titan was such a disappointment, I thought it was gonna wreak havoc but it just threw horses and crushed boulders. I mean it's accuracy is second to none I mean it's crazy how accurate he can throw, but that can't be it. He can beat down Reiner but I've never seen the beast Titan in hand to hand combat. Reiner does mention that Zeke is the strongest Titan shifter, but I doubt it could do anything to the colossal Titan

        Loading editor
    • Junior0124 wrote:
      You guys have forgotten about Bertholtd he was the one who was in love with Annie, but he died before he could tell her. Reiner indirectly states this in the manga.

      It wasn't just the death of Levi's female friend it was both her and the other guy who died as well. Let's not forget Eren is just like how his father was when Grisha was a child. Grisha then grew up to be quite a poor man because of his beliefs and you can see Eren going down the same path at the beginning but he has begun to move away from that. Since Mikasa is an Ackerman its not surprising that she finished top in her class but that's not how I meant it. I meant that because she's an Ackerman it may explain why her devotion to Eren is strong - it's in her blood. The Ackermans were people who could not be affected by the coordinates memory wipe ability and so they were given an ultimatum: die or serve the Royal Family and ever since then the Ackermans have kinda been the royal family's personal bodyguards. Maybe that's how Mikasa is like with Eren, I know he's not royalty but Mikasas's ancestors are used to protecting so maybe it's like second nature to her.

      I really don't know about Mikasa anymore, your points are really strong and I can see your frustration at her lack of individuality. But I guess you can't always expect things from everyone, the way Mikasa's character is made she has no other desires than to be with Eren. If Eren didn't join the survey corps, she wouldn't have either. Everyone is different and I really think it's because of Mikasa's upbringing that she acts the way she is. She isn't inspired by anything other than Eren. It's sad as she really could have been an amazing character given more of the spotlight, but we just have to accept the role Isayama has given her.

      Grisha developed hate for Marley because they killed his sister and then they lied about it to his father. If that never happened Grisha wouldn't have developed his hatred. No such thing happened to Mikasa, and like I said before there's a possibility that she might not know about her race's genocide. Maybe she does because early in the manga and even 1st season of the anime she mentions a few times that the world is cruel so who knows.

      How does Mikasa and Zeke have similar skills? Mikasa is a dual-blade wielding badass and Zeke is an ape who throws stuff XD!!! The beast Titan was such a disappointment, I thought it was gonna wreak havoc but it just threw horses and crushed boulders. I mean it's accuracy is second to none I mean it's crazy how accurate he can throw, but that can't be it. He can beat down Reiner but I've never seen the beast Titan in hand to hand combat. Reiner does mention that Zeke is the strongest Titan shifter, but I doubt it could do anything to the colossal Titan

      Junior, c;mon. Don't say oh that's the role she has been given. Evem Levi has his own interests. We have to change this perception that characters like Mikasa, especially females but even guys, are like this. Also, Mikasa is half Eldian. Asiatic people were not affected by memory wipe. Making them also well dangerous people to thre royal family. Mikasa should have stuff on her own because well it makes the plot believable, tangible and innovative.

      Some reasons I don't like AOT is because it hypes too much on the wrong elements. But yeah I am really happy you addressed my thoughts. Respect Dude. 

        Loading editor
    • Arshpar
      Arshpar removed this reply because:
      nnn
      09:33, April 5, 2017
      This reply has been removed
    • Edited by mod. Spoilers of unofficially released chapter.

        Loading editor
    • Edited by mod. Spoilers of unofficially released chapter.

        Loading editor
    • Btw thanks @Arshpar for that <hi 5s>

        Loading editor
    • NP

        Loading editor
    • I really like Zeke. I think of him as this weird, avuncular character that I would be best friends with in an office. 

        Loading editor
    • but, u just saw how evil marley are, and i think that the fact that marley was so cruel towards eldians has also reflected on Colt, Falco and especially Gabi! they must feel sad. i think they will rebel, i've been thinking so since they were introduced. Reiner knows that the people inside the walls are not evil, but innocent. He is an Eldian and is supposed to react. i'm pretty sure that as of now, he knows that Marley has deceived him. He will definitely turn if he is a true Eldian. Zeke won't turn and live for Eldia tho, he is too corrupted. Still, his only living family member is his brother eren. So he surely wouldn't want to lose him...

        Loading editor
    • oh my the admins are going to to kill you and make a table out of your remains for that one...

        Loading editor
    • Arshpar wrote:
      but, u just saw how evil marley are, and i think that the fact that marley was so cruel towards eldians has also reflected on Colt, Falco and especially Gabi! they must feel sad. i think they will rebel, i've been thinking so since they were introduced. Reiner knows that the people inside the walls are not evil, but innocent. He is an Eldian and is supposed to react. i'm pretty sure that as of now, he knows that Marley has deceived him. He will definitely turn if he is a true Eldian. Zeke won't turn and live for Eldia tho, he is too corrupted. Still, his only living family member is his brother eren. So he surely wouldn't want to lose him...

      Marleyans are doing the same thing Eldians did as well long time ago when they conquered Marley. Eldian Titan Shifters made Titans to be their cheap and renewable army. Yes, Marley government is obviously evil in their actions. But the people may have different views. We cannot look at the world with binaries. We then get corrupted with the arrogance we are the only good ones. 

        Loading editor
    • CommonSwift wrote:
      oh my the admins are going to to kill you and make a table out of your remains for that one...

      graphic.

        Loading editor
    • if i remove it, will i get banned? well np i have 2-3 accounts

        Loading editor
    • Arshpar wrote:
      if i remove it, will i get banned? well np i have 2-3 accounts

      I don't know, I guess they would give you warning this time.

        Loading editor
    • NephilimGear wrote:

      Arshpar wrote:
      but, u just saw how evil marley are, and i think that the fact that marley was so cruel towards eldians has also reflected on Colt, Falco and especially Gabi! they must feel sad. i think they will rebel, i've been thinking so since they were introduced. Reiner knows that the people inside the walls are not evil, but innocent. He is an Eldian and is supposed to react. i'm pretty sure that as of now, he knows that Marley has deceived him. He will definitely turn if he is a true Eldian. Zeke won't turn and live for Eldia tho, he is too corrupted. Still, his only living family member is his brother eren. So he surely wouldn't want to lose him...

      Marleyans are doing the same thing Eldians did as well long time ago when they conquered Marley. Eldian Titan Shifters made Titans to be their cheap and renewable army. Yes, Marley government is obviously evil in their actions. But the people may have different views. We cannot look at the world with binaries. We then get corrupted with the arrogance we are the only good ones. 

      The difference is that after the Marleyans rebelled against Eldian rule, the 145th King relinquished his duties and took some of his people behind the wall ending the Titan War. The Eldians basically forfeited the fight and left seeking peace. That should have been the end of it. The Marleyans knew this but now they are being greedy and are trying to steal Paradise's resources. The Marleyans are kind of are taking it a step further.

        Loading editor
    • man i hope marley loses the war and then begs for mercy like Germany begged after WW1....

        Loading editor
    • Arshpar wrote:
      man i hope marley loses the war and then begs for mercy like Germany begged after WW1....

      And I hope Eren and the others are willing to show Marley that compassion and mercy if/after they defeat Marley. Then maybe all the fighting and killing will finally be over, and they can all be allies or at least coexist peacefully.

        Loading editor
    • Eradicate Us wrote:

      Arshpar wrote:
      man i hope marley loses the war and then begs for mercy like Germany begged after WW1....

      And I hope Eren and the others are willing to show Marley that compassion and mercy if/after they defeat Marley. Then maybe all the fighting and killing will finally be over, and they can all be allies or at least coexist peacefully.

      But will they all be able to forgive them for the injustice they were dealt over the years in the Walls?

        Loading editor
    • Aggression25 wrote:

      Eradicate Us wrote:

      Arshpar wrote:
      man i hope marley loses the war and then begs for mercy like Germany begged after WW1....
      And I hope Eren and the others are willing to show Marley that compassion and mercy if/after they defeat Marley. Then maybe all the fighting and killing will finally be over, and they can all be allies or at least coexist peacefully.
      But will they all be able to forgive them for the injustice they were dealt over the years in the Walls?

      Well, at some point, someone is going to have to be the better man and help everyone move on, otherwise there might never be peace.

        Loading editor
    • Exterminating the Marleyans seems to be an option, I mean they are at war with the Mid East so, getting attacked from both sides could result in their destruction especially if the Eldians in Marley find out the truth and rebel within Marleyan Borders, then it could really be a Marleyan massacre.

        Loading editor
    • but the war against Mid east is as good as over.... Mid east will be defeated... Eldia should focus on protecting the progenitor titan (Eren) as Marley are desperately seeking his power. Attacking Marley won't help, they'll lose. But, the wall people could unite with their fellows living in the Marley ghettos. It's surprising how the AoT world was all inside the walls, and then we came to know that the world outside was significant as well and the Wall people were hated and cursed all over the world...

        Loading editor
    • I think Eren will marry historia in the future, it has the highest probability, still, it would be heartbreak if that happens, as Mikasa and Eren are the ones meant to be 2gether.

        Loading editor
    • Firstly, before I go on my rant I’m sorry of I get anything wrong or badly explain my thoughts in this as I’m not good at explaining myself nor have I read the manga so everything is going off what if researched, seen other people say, the anime etc. so I’ve most likely missing certain things or got stuff wrong which is stated in the manga so I’m sorry in advance.

      Anyway, getting into this. I sort of think there will never really be a solid ship. This is mainly because I just don’t see it being a focus point that would be included as it’s not really what the story is about. Yes, there may be hints to it and different ships or relationships could be touched upon in the future but my main point is I doubt there will be an official relationship as its simply not a romantic type of show let’s face.

      It would be odd for it to suddenly turn into a romance out of nowhere unless it had an end meaning or goal. For example, let’s say Eren and Mika are together this could help to create conflict and make the story more interesting as they may end up separating with Eren going to fight for freedom and Mika staying behind to defend the island Paradise I think it’s called I dno. This would make things more interesting but in a way, takes away from what the story is which I think would be a bad thing. If the love was kept at the end then that would be great after everything is resolved it would be a nice ending to a wild journey.

      For me personally, my ship as people seem to call them would be EreMika. This is simply because I see it being the most likely and kind of logical thing to happen given their past and relationship. Firstly, you may support other ships like Eren and Levi, Jean and Mika etc. which if you do I respect your opinion but one thing that no other charter has with Mika is the bind her and Eren share due to her past. No one will ever be able to live up to that moment which is why they have such a strong connection in the first place.

      Given this one thing I’ve always wondered was why Eren did save her as of what I know in the anime he said he wanted to make sure she’s safe and that which fair enough but he’s never met her before and most likely only heard of her on the day Eren and the Doctor went to visit her so there would be no real connection for him to go out his way to save her if that makes sense. So, if its stated in the manga plz tell me I’m interested.

      Now with the most common complaint, I see with this relationship is the whole incest thing. I think it’s not incest what so ever as there simply not related in any way and yes, she may have lived with him for like 8 months I think it was but I believe it was never officially stated that she was adopted by the Yeager’s which wouldn’t make her officially family if Eren even says she’s not his sister when he’s in one of his angry moods and Mika never refers to Eren parents as her mum or dad so neither of them sees themselves as family if I’m making sense. Now comparing this to the RivaMika as people like to call it that to me is more incest as their blood related and in my opinion, Levi is more family to Mika than Eren is simply because there related by blood.

      Another thing that people say about this ship is Eren never shows any love feeling towards Mika as she as shown to him or at least hinted. Like when she opens up and cry’s when she sees Eren alive and was the first time since Eren's parents were killed when she cried so she obviously has strong feelings for him if she only showed them there even before discovering Eren she was practically going to kill herself as she was so lost without him.

      There also times where she’s comforts him more than others or shows more emotions towards hi e.g. after the first fight with Annie when she goes into pissed mode and later Levi tells her not to let her love for him get in the way as it was also said by another when Eren lost control trying to move the rock which she blushed both times and was stuttering which if they were classed as family she would react like this and she only shows these kinds of emotions around Eren or when it has to do with him.

      I know some people use the point where Eren saves Mika from the titan the first time he changes as evidence he cares about her but I simply think it doesn’t back it up. The only reason he went there was to kill the titan she just happened to be there. Later he even says he doesn’t remember turning into a titan or what happened like when he accidently hurt mika so maybe at the time he could have possibly gone directly to save her but as I’ve seen no real evidence to back it up I don’t believe this backs ups Eren romantic feelings towards Mika.

      The main reason, however, why I think there been no real evidence of Eren showing obvious feelings towards Mika is because the opportunity hasn’t arrived yet. Every time mika saves Eren she's always opening up and shows lots of caring emotions towards him yet mika is never really been in that situation for Eren to show is feelings. That is where season 2 comes in mainly chapter 50. This is the key moment and the bets opportunity for Eren to show his feelings and be the one to protect Mika instead of the other way around like it always is which when animated will, in my opinion, will be the biggest evidence for the ship becoming cannon.

      Also, I may sound a bit harsh saying this but I think a big part why Eren was so angry all the time and the reason why people have a big problem with his attitude and why he’s never has shown emotions towards Mika or really anyone else is that he hasn’t had time to get over his mum’s death. Now I not saying Mika has as she clearly is still haunted by them years after but she’s had longer to deal with them and I think it wasn’t as bad compared to how Eren's mum went out and how she was killed and eaten in front of him, of course, that’s up for debate which one was more emotionally impactful so ill let you lot decide that.

      Because of this and straight after the armour titan coming through wrecking shit and then joining the cadets then finding out you’re the thing you hate, nearly killing your future wife wink wink, watching his entire squad get killed before him then Annie’s revealing he’s been through a lot more and has had to deal with much more shit which only adds fuel to his anger. That’s why I think he will be calmer in a sense in season 2 due to his finale fight with Annie in season 1 when he remembers his promise his mother and comrades deaths etc. to turn into titan Eren and then his pissed or mode which I think was his time or way of dealing with everything that has happened. Even after when it’s just him and mike in the room alone he says it felt good getting beat up and letting go which I think basically means he needed that fight and feeling to finally let go of what's happened to him and to leave it behind him.

      Two other thins give seen which kind of support the ship are the red string of fate and something to do with Asian tradition. Going with the Asian one first I read somewhere that it's common in the Asian culture it might have been specifically around those times like I said before I don’t really know but you will usually be made to marry someone from another family in a sense are forced to marry someone and be with them. The person whoever it was made the point that Eren was specifically going there to meet Mika for the sole purpose of meeting his meant to be future wife as the two families were good friends as stated and it would further back up the choosing especially with what’s seems both Mika and Eren's lack of friends as I’ve never heard of any friends Mika had in her childhood excluding Armin later of course.

      Now the red string of fate. This is some old Japanese legend I think where two people are connected by an invisible red string which no matter what they go through is always destined to be together in a romantic way e.g. like having a soul partner since birth and no matter what you are destined to be with them no matter what. This string will commonly be in a form of item that people will have sometimes in a way to portray in story’s e.g. clothing. gift, jewels etc. I believe it is stated that Mikasa’s scarf is supposed to represent the red string of fate thingy which in turn as Eren gave her it makes it in a sense already cannon as there destined to be together that is of course if I’m right.  

      Once again, I’m sorry if this is badly written and I’ve probably got tons of stuff wrong so peace.

        Loading editor
    • Arshpar wrote: I think Eren will marry historia in the future, it has the highest probability, still, it would be heartbreak if that happens, as Mikasa and Eren are the ones meant to be 2gether.

      No way, dude. It's gotta be Mikasa that he ends up with.

        Loading editor
    • Lol Reiner already claimed Historia as his future wife

        Loading editor
    • Aggression25 wrote:

      Arshpar wrote: I think Eren will marry Historia in the future, it has the highest probability, still, it would be heartbreak if that happens, as Mikasa and Eren are the ones meant to be 2gether.

      No way, dude. It's gotta be Mikasa that he ends up with.

      I honestly wouldn't mind Isayama having Eren and Historia end up together at this point, nor put it past him to do so either for that matter, assuming he even has anyone end up with anyone at all. If anything, I'd even prefer it. Either way, I'd be happy enough if any of these characters even just survived and got to live a normal lifespan. Eren and Historia had great interactions together. Their relationship saw great development, and it seems it probably isn't even done developing yet either.

      Plus, Isayama has pretty much already let on well in advance that Eren and Mikasa won't even be endgame anyways, between things like the conflict and separation of Eren and Armin as well as Mikasa, and Eren seeing Mikasa more like a mother figure and moving away from her once he grows up and becomes independent of her.

        Loading editor
    • I kinda feel Eren will die or more sacrifice himself to eliminate the titans in the end so everyone else can live on. I still would prefer Eren and Mika to get tighter but that’s me being biased. At this point who knows with the time skips there a lot of potentially that could have happened for all we know Eren has married Historia or Mika has married Armin. Yes, this is very unlikely but what I’m trying to get at is anything can happen in this cruel world.

      After all the author guy for my sake let's call him Harry I’m not going to attempt to spell his name has changed his mind countless times about what’s going to happen e.g. choosing to have Sasha not die early on, make Eren the main character instead of Mika as she was originally going to be the main character, having them all of them die at the end.

      I think he said he decided on an ending in an interview but that can still change over time. I would still think Ymir and Historia would have the highest chance of being together I know she’s not dead Harry said so in an interview and that she plays a crucial role in the story later so she’s currently MIA as I call it. 

        Loading editor
    • The irony is Eren may now wish to save all the titans now that he knows the truth about them.

      Of course, the titan powers themselves will still need to go, if it ever turns out to be possible. That may require a major sacrifice. It could be Eren, it could be all the remaining titan shifters at that time (except for maybe one), or it could be Zeke (he did promise to save Eren one day after all). It could even turn out that no shifter would need to die, but you can bet it won't be that easy. I even have a feeling that Zeke, in particular, will die anyways even if it's due to overexertion of titan powers before the final contract or something.

      Isayama could definitely go back to doing a pointless overly bad ending where everyone dies pointless deaths for nothing, and Eldia is screwed, just for the sake of betraying and traumatizing the viewers rather than for the story itself, if he so desires, but as he did pretty much say that he doesn't even want to take that route, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for the time being.

      And Ymir is pretty much in the same boat as Eren and the other shifters for obvious reasons. Nevertheless, yes. You can bet she's still alive for now. Just MIA by default so far.

      Historia also has a red flag for danger of being sacrificed for now.

        Loading editor
    • Eradicate Us wrote:
      Of course, the titan powers themselves will still need to go, if it ever turns out to be possible.

      The major problem about that is the other nations

      The way Eldia is demonized instead of Marley will lead to Eldians being demonized or even hunted down out of revenge, while Marley praticaly gets a free pass.

      ...oh now I got why Marley has italian uniforms...it's because Nazis are associated with Germany not Italy despite them being allies on WW2...

        Loading editor
    • Who knows maybe all the shifters will pull off some power rangers styled stuff and merge into one mega titan. 

      I don't understand this conflict enough to even talk about so i won't bother. However, if the enemy can drop titans out of the sky then they can easily crush eren and that as they would simply be overwhelmed. As of today, there's no real counter to an attack which they have as they have no anti air stuff or artillery like the other factions do so they have no real way of defending themselves unless the enemies send there what 3 or 4 shifters in a final battle against eren armin and possibly annie that will decide the fate of the two factions. 

        Loading editor
    • Ymir's dead already, I've said that in the thread's very first reply ( it means nothing I know). Why? Because Galliard ate her to gain the Claw Titan

        Loading editor
    • I'm not trying to say your wrong or start a massive argument but doesn't it say her status is alive and with all the time skips they could have possibly gotten Annie. Titan ability wise that would make sense the jaw titan having slight armour plating and armoured jaws like Annie could harden her skin. Ymir titan has no traits of that so it would be weird for the person to gain those abilities unless they change once eaten.

        Loading editor
    • There's no need for any argument, it has been 4 years since Historia received Ymir's love letter and Ymir stated that she will die soon. Chances for her to survives is lower than Sasha's survival rate in Episode 28, and I doubt that Annie was rescued in the time skip.

      I know we all love Ymir and hope she returned to Historia but don't you think it's a blind hope 

        Loading editor
    • The Duck Titan wrote:
      I'm not trying to say your wrong or start a massive argument but doesn't it say her status is alive and with all the time skips they could have possibly gotten Annie. Titan ability wise that would make sense the jaw titan having slight armour plating and armoured jaws like Annie could harden her skin. Ymir titan has no traits of that so it would be weird for the person to gain those abilities unless they change once eaten.

      We're discussing about manga Ymir not anime Ymir, and I think Galliard's titan is the true form of Claw Titan. Maybe Ymir doesn't have the feature because she stuck in her Titan form for about 60 years

        Loading editor
    • ahh alright i just thought the status thing meant she was alive both in anime and manga that's all. Sorry about that.

        Loading editor
    • No problem, sometimes things could be confusing

      And hey, if I'm right about the claw titan being the dancing titan, then doesn't that means there's one more shifter left unknown

        Loading editor
    • What is it

      Monkey Titan, Colossal Titan, Armour Titan, Attack Titan. Coordinate, Jaw Titan, Female Titan, Quad Titan and Dancing Titan.

      So Eren has 2 powers so either Jaws had 2 powers his unique jaw feature and Ymir's titan's powers I think it mentioned that Jaws was quite quick which means he's like Eren having 2 titan powers or some random geezer has the power which could mean potentially ally for Eren and co if they find them. That is if I'm not talking about a bunch if crap.

        Loading editor
    • I think Galliard's titan is the true form of Claw Titan. Maybe Ymir doesn't have the feature because she stuck in her Titan form for about 60 years

      What I mean is, The Claw Titan is The Dancing Titan. The only difference between them is the armor, and Galliard seems like he just gained the power during the time skip by eating Ymir.

        Loading editor
    • Erdagon wrote:

      I think Galliard's titan is the true form of Claw Titan. Maybe Ymir doesn't have the feature because she stuck in her Titan form for about 60 years

      What I mean is, The Claw Titan is The Dancing Titan. The only difference between them is the armor, and Galliard seems like he just gained the power during the time skip by eating Ymir.

      It's possible, but only time will tell.

        Loading editor
    • No, the purpose of introducing galliard was to make the fans know all nine titans.... Ymir is still alive, time isn't a factor in shifting at all.... he introduced galliard just to tell us about the nine titans

        Loading editor
    • Arshpar wrote:
      No, the purpose of introducing galliard was to make the fans know all nine titans.... Ymir is still alive, time isn't a factor in shifting at all.... he introduced galliard just to tell us about the nine titans

      Ymir is dead, you're in denial.  She literally said she was gonna die soon, so why would she be alive

        Loading editor
    • Let's say that Ymir and Annie are dead Ymir defo at least. So does jaw titan poses Ymir's shifting ability so that leaves Annie. Becuase Jaws is very different to Ymir's titan does that mean of there is another new titan it will be completely different to the Female Titan or will it be the same. 

      I'd image Armin form will be smaller than Bertholt given the size difference in human form between the charters so Armin be like 40 meters whilst Bertholt was 60 i think. So if this is nonsense I'm just really confused with what's what.

        Loading editor
    • I'm not sure about this but I think the ninth titan could be a female-type like Annie, as far as I can remember, there are 3 female-type in the picture with all the Great Titans

        Loading editor
    • Regarding the game for AOT they show if I remember right there was another female titan but she's got dark hair and darker skin tone but basically like Annies form. That could be the new female titan but i would have no idea who it could be. My main guess was either one of the troops on the enemy side that girl person who is suppose to inherit the armoured titan if I'm right. 

      I just don't know enough to really its probably really obvious like so sorry if I'm annoying.

        Loading editor
    • Nah, what you're referring to is the Dark Female Titan, a boss version of the game's female titan. 

        Loading editor
    • ahh alright thanks for clearing up.

        Loading editor
    • Didn't Isayama said that Ymir was going to be a key character of the plot later ? Also, it's one of his five favorite character, and she had her titan a little after Reiner. She said she was going to marry Historia, and that she will die soon, so I can see only one way to interprate it. She was talking about the years that were left after the time she was going to die. If it was for an other reason, then the part about her marrying Historia wouldn't make any sense ... She is obviously alive.

      People should forget about those claws and other shits like this, the Beast Titan also had a design modification so, everything can happen. I don't think such a character could die offscreen, and I don't know how this theory became so popular that she could be considered as true without any questions by someone.

        Loading editor
    • Also, I don't think we should think about ships that much. A lot of character are probably going to die before they begin to love someone. Yeah, maybe Eren will finally fell in love ( not with Mikasa though, already confirmed by Isayama that if he grows up, he will get away from her as he only thinks of her as a mother ), but he will die short after ( this make me think that it would be Annie if that was the case, as they are both going to end up dead and they have A LOT of respect for each other, but she would be killed in a really fast way by the plot ). Don't forget what happened to this poor Bertholdt. Isayama is just going to crush most of the possible futur couples. He musn't be really good with love story ( I think he said it ), even this "ConnieXSasha" doesn't really exist and has been created by fans because they seemed close ... 

        Loading editor
    • GoldoSainoMilo wrote:
      Didn't Isayama said that Ymir was going to be a key character of the plot later ? Also, it's one of his five favorite character, and she had her titan a little after Reiner. She said she was going to marry Historia, and that she will die soon, so I can see only one way to interprate it. She was talking about the years that were left after the time she was going to die. If it was for an other reason, then the part about her marrying Historia wouldn't make any sense ... She is obviously alive.

      People should forget about those claws and other shits like this, the Beast Titan also had a design modification so, everything can happen. I don't think such a character could die offscreen, and I don't know how this theory became so popular that she could be considered as true without any questions by someone.

      He was talking about REAL ymir.  But her impact has already happended 

        Loading editor
    • Erdagon wrote:
      No, Ymir's dead already...

      Technically, we don't know if she's dead...YET. Key word is YET.

        Loading editor
    • Heir of Revan wrote:

      Erdagon wrote:
      No, Ymir's dead already...

      Technically, we don't know if she's dead...YET. Key word is YET.

      I hope she's very much alive!

        Loading editor
    • I'm pretty damn sure she's dead, because she should be dead by now. I don't hate her but when someone is about to die, then they must die. That is number 1 rule in SnK

      Plus instead of marrying Historia, there's no other things left for her, why would she still be alive then?

        Loading editor
    • GoldoSainoMilo wrote:

      I don't think such a character could die offscreen.

      Marco died off screen, then after tons of chapters we finally know how he died. It could just be the same with Ymir's

        Loading editor
    • Ethan Harmicar123 wrote:
      GoldoSainoMilo wrote:
      Didn't Isayama said that Ymir was going to be a key character of the plot later ? Also, it's one of his five favorite character, and she had her titan a little after Reiner. She said she was going to marry Historia, and that she will die soon, so I can see only one way to interprate it. She was talking about the years that were left after the time she was going to die. If it was for an other reason, then the part about her marrying Historia wouldn't make any sense ... She is obviously alive.

      People should forget about those claws and other shits like this, the Beast Titan also had a design modification so, everything can happen. I don't think such a character could die offscreen, and I don't know how this theory became so popular that she could be considered as true without any questions by someone.

      He was talking about REAL ymir.  But her impact has already happended 

      I know this seems to be more coherent, but I don't see how he could have make such a mistake and talk about the real Ymir when he should have been talking about the Ymir we know. 

      Erdagon wrote:
      I'm pretty damn sure she's dead, because she should be dead by now. I don't hate her but when someone is about to die, then they must die. That is number 1 rule in SnK

      Plus instead of marrying Historia, there's no other things left for her, why would she still be alive then?

      Armin isn't dead, Sasha isn't dead, Hansi isn't dead. Livai isn't dead. Reiner NEVER dies. Yet, they should have died, at least once ( Livai when he ran out of blades, Hansi with the colossal explosion, Sasha against the armoured, Armin obviously, and Reiner : EVERYTIME ). I can't help but laugh here, because "number 1 rule in SnK" is the thing I way saying before about all of this sacrifice and victory win before Armin was saved by Livai. There are no rules in a manga ... Just the author will. 

      She has an interest, as she has lived in a different period than Reiner and Bertoltd. When she appears, she is also useful for the way the author write the dialogues ( and that's important ). Why is Connie alive when he could have been burned by the Colossal / killed against the secret police ? He is useless after all. Same for Jean. And Sasha. Hansi didn't much more interest than Erd, Mike and the other since the beginning. Reiner could have revealed everything a long time ago, and Bertoltd who is in the same boat as him died. Like I said, no rules.

      Erdagon wrote:
      GoldoSainoMilo wrote:

      I don't think such a character could die offscreen.

      Marco died off screen, then after tons of chapters we finally know how he died. It could just be the same with Ymir's

      Marco is nowhere as important as Ymir is ... I said SUCH. You don't kill a character that has gone through 60 chapters and was extremely important during the currently adapted arc just like that. Marco was Jean's cheerleader, that's all.

      My point is, you can't say that she is dead for sure when there is no way you can know, it's just a theory.

      I can also say that Mikasa died after the ellipse because she stopped to eat enough just because we saw her do so before the timeskip, but I can't say that FOR SURE. 

       

        Loading editor
    • GoldoSainoMilo wrote:
      Also, I don't think we should think about ships that much. A lot of character are probably going to die before they begin to love someone. Yeah, maybe Eren will finally fell in love ( not with Mikasa though, already confirmed by Isayama that if he grows up, he will get away from her as he only thinks of her as a mother ), but he will die short after ( this make me think that it would be Annie if that was the case, as they are both going to end up dead and they have A LOT of respect for each other, but she would be killed in a really fast way by the plot ). Don't forget what happened to this poor Bertholdt. Isayama is just going to crush most of the possible futur couples. He musn't be really good with love story ( I think he said it ), even this "ConnieXSasha" doesn't really exist and has been created by fans because they seemed close ... 

      Who's to say how much respect Eren still has for Annie. One way or another, a lot of good people are dead because of her, regardless of her reasons. I don't see Eren ever letting go of that.

        Loading editor
    • Eren has very little respect for Annie, being the enemy.

        Loading editor
    • Aggression25 wrote:
      Eren has very little respect for Annie, being the enemy.

      Eren hates Annie, if he were to come arcoss her Titan form he would probably rip it to shreds and eat annie 

        Loading editor
    • Did we read the same stuff?

      Eren does respect Annie and did show concern for her when Armin told that lie to Bert, he even commented how Annie was much stronger then Reiner.

      Right after the Stoness battle, he asked about her and during it all he wanted was to understand why she was doing this.

      He is angry about what she did, but doesn't outright resent her unlike Bert and Reiner.

      I don't know if they would ever work out as a couple, I mean while Eren does still care about her, Annie still murdered so many people I doubt he can get over that and start a romantic relationship with her, I can see them as friends if Annie decides to side with them but not as a couple.


      Ps:...the anime praticaly killed Eren and Annie's relationship...

        Loading editor
    • GoldoSainoMilo wrote:
      Erdagon wrote:
      I'm pretty damn sure she's dead, because she should be dead by now. I don't hate her but when someone is about to die, then they must die. That is number 1 rule in SnK

      Plus instead of marrying Historia, there's no other things left for her, why would she still be alive then?

      Armin isn't dead, Sasha isn't dead, Hansi isn't dead. Livai isn't dead. Reiner NEVER dies. Yet, they should have died, at least once ( Livai when he ran out of blades, Hansi with the colossal explosion, Sasha against the armoured, Armin obviously, and Reiner : EVERYTIME ). I can't help but laugh here, because "number 1 rule in SnK" is the thing I way saying before about all of this sacrifice and victory win before Armin was saved by Livai. There are no rules in a manga ... Just the author will. 

      She has an interest, as she has lived in a different period than Reiner and Bertoltd. When she appears, she is also useful for the way the author write the dialogues ( and that's important ). Why is Connie alive when he could have been burned by the Colossal / killed against the secret police ? He is useless after all. Same for Jean. And Sasha. Hansi didn't much more interest than Erd, Mike and the other since the beginning. Reiner could have revealed everything a long time ago, and Bertoltd who is in the same boat as him died. Like I said, no rules.

      Armin won the serumbowl, Sasha got an editor that cry in a toilet, Hanji has moblit watching her ass, Levi is just being Levi and Reiner is simply immortal, Isayama saved them for the sake of the plot that's why they survived. For the rest of the cast, they are tied to the rule because they won't serve the future plot (at least not directly).

      If Ymir is needed for the future plot then she will live but as I said before, as far as we know, there's nothing left for her...

        Loading editor
    • A Fandom user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message

Ad blocker interference detected!


Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.